Continuous Improvement Manager
February 12, 2021
Description Make Your Mark Leading Established CI Programs to the Next Level at a Growing Industry Leader Help shape this new role in an environment where red tape is minimal and resources are plentiful If you combine your continuous improvement (CI) expertise with strong people and leadership skills, this position offers you several attractive opportunities. You will:
• Make an impact managing existing CI programs and leading new projects, including those you initiate.
• Help shape this newly created role ; we have a solid CI culture, but we believe a dedicated leader can take it to new levels.
• Move the needle in an environment where there isn't a lot of bureaucracy but there are resources available for great ideas.
• Enjoy a progressive, entrepreneurial culture as well as the stability to a market leader with decades of success.
• Showcase your potential to take on additional responsibilities and advance in a growing organization.
To meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. In addition, to be a good fit for the Continuous Improvement Manager opportunity, you will have:
• A bachelor's degree in Chemical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering.
• 7 to 10 years of engineering and/or process improvement experience.
• Experience leading and managing people.
• A strong commitment to plan, do, check, act (PDCA) methodology.
• The ability to develop process instructions and write reports.
• Project management skills.
For over 85 years, Daramic, LLC has led the way in developing new and innovative technology for the lead acid battery market. With headquarters in Charlotte, North Carolina, USA Daramic supplies high-performance polyethylene and phenolic resin battery separators to the lead acid battery industry. Daramic is part of Polypore International, a leading global high technology company specializing in microporous membranes. Polypore brings advanced development and manufacturing know-how as well as unique problem-solving capabilities to customers' lithium-ion and lead-acid battery development teams. Polypore is an Asahi Kasei Group company, which is a diversified group of companies led by holding company Asahi Kasei Corp., with operations in the material, homes, and health care business sectors.