Brand Educator - KY
February 16, 2021
Owensboro, Kentucky, US
MKTG Brand Educators (BE) are Diageo brand enthusiasts that educate consumers on Diageo Brands during on, off, and experiential special events. They must be able to deliver a unique sampling experience, and help consumers make informed brand decisions. They are expected to interact and actively engage consumers at the point of purchase and experience, with the end goal of reinforcing and/or increasing brand awareness. The BE embodies the Diageo brand they represent and humanizes the brand as a result. They build consumer trust by providing product knowledge and education.
BEs have a wide range of job responsibilities related to engaging consumers to recognize, prefer and purchase our client brands. For this reason, MKTG hires personable, friendly, and professional Brand Educators. In addition to participating in promotional events when selected, BEs are expected to complete regular online trainings regarding our client brands. BEs must have the ability to immerse themselves in order to obtain an extensive level of knowledge including Category, Product Distillation/Production and Brand with the ability to pass exams testing said knowledge. BEs must be able to successfully showcase their knowledge and ability to engage by showcasing a “Final” two to three minute presentation, in order to represent Diageo brands at events.
This position is an Occasional Employment Position. Being hired as a Brand Educator does not guarantee that the employee will be assigned to any particular quantity of assignments. Brand Educator must sign-off on all required forms and must adhere to all MKTG Policies & Procedures and the NA Diageo Marketing Code.
• Actively engage and educate consumers at the point of experience, purchase and consumption
• Humanize the brands and build trust of consumers through education
• Lead consumers through a sampling journey of featured product(s) (where legal and within local legal limitations and as per policy)
• Regularly complete digital training for market brand and programs as directed
• Adapt to tech platforms to receive and input information necessary to represent the Diageo brands
• Arrive to events on time, in appropriate attire as specified by market team, and be prepared to execute promotions as outlined in program standards
• Distribute Diageo premiums to consumers
• Follow Responsible Server Guidelines and report Guideline violations
• Pre-merchandise accounts with Diageo point-of-sale (POS)
• Pay for bar spend or product via company issued debit card
• Pick up or accept delivery of promotional materials from Event Team
• Ensure proper care and return of company property (i.e. – uniforms, event materials)
• Complete post-event recap (ERF) in MKTG reporting website
• Take digital event photos and contribute to markets social media account
• Understand how Diageo brand differs from competitors and report on competitive activity in market
• Maintain appropriate appearance for consumer engagement
• Follow company policy and procedures
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• Outgoing Brand Knowledge and Personification of the Brand – BE must complete training in order to understand what the brand/program represents, stands for and how it differs from other brands. BE must be able to translate brand information to consumers in a relatable manner.
• Engaging - BE must be outgoing, personable and courteous with consumers and approach them with a friendly and helpful attitude, with the goal to build trust in the brand.
• Reliable – BE must always arrive to events ready to start on time, and must work until event end
Physical and Other Requirements
• Able to stand/walk for extended periods of time
• Able to carry heavy trays, boxes, objects
• Able to maintain a pleasant disposition under stress
• Satisfy consumer appeal and client marketing requirements
• Approachable and able to engage consumers