Human Resources Business Partner
February 16, 2021
Human Resources Business Partner
Function Human Resources Relocation Available Yes Position Type Full Time
Overview / Job Summary
Commonwealth Rolled Products is a leading manufacturer of Aluminum rolled products for the Automotive, Commercial, and Industrial markets. The Company operates its production facility in Lewisport, KY with the support of an Automotive Innovation Center for R&D, Sales and Field Service in Madison Heights (DET), and Inside Sales in the Cleveland, OH area.
Our production facility is seeking to add a Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) to its Human Resource team. This position will be responsible for managing all Human Resources related aspects and labor relations activities for an assigned area(s). This position will also design and adminster company-wide training.
• Actively participate in maintaining a zero incident safety culture.
• Live and champion the Commonwealth Rolled Products core values; Safety, Integrity, Customer Focus, Ownership, Excellence, and Teamwork.
• Lead all aspects of the human resources function for the assigned area(s) including labor & employee relations. Partner with Benefits & Payroll manager and other HRBPs on related issues.
• Work close with the Director of HR to clarify labor relations practices within assigned area(s).
• Maintain knowledge of labor law updates and collective bargaining procedures in order to maintain consistent CBA interpretation and positive relationship with bargaining unit employees.
• Manage the union grievance process ensuring timeliness and accuracy in documentation within assigned area(s).
• Participate as a member of the Civil Rights Committee.
• Maintain attendance tracking, new hire evaluations and skills confirmations for the assigned area(s).
• Manage the bargaining unit job postings, including status changes, for the assigned area(s).
• Participate in the interview process and lead onboarding process for positions within the assigned area(s).
• Manage the terminations, exit processing and unemployment claims within the assigned area(s).
• Maintain compliance with applicable laws and company policies.
• Participate in the monthly department review for the assigned area(s).
• Handle all investigations, discipline and performance related matters for employees in assigned area(s).
• Design and administer Company new hire orientation, compliance and leadership trainining.
• A four-year degree in Human Resources Management, Business, or related discipline.
• At least three years' employee and/or labor relations experience.
• At least three years’ experience designing, administering and evaluating training programs.
• Ability to set, stabilize, and model a trusting, cooperative, and customer focused environment which allows work groups to reach their individual potential while working productively toward the completion of specified goals and objectives.
• Excellent written, verbal, listening and interpersonal skills. Must have ability to learn quickly and work in fast-paced environment.
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Maintaining a positive, exemplary customer focused demeanor during various types of employee interactions.
• Ability to act as role model to engage workforce in the adherence of HR and other company policies, symbols and systems while reaching for maximum efficiency and productivity.
• Advanced degree in training, HR development, or instructional design preferred. PHR/ SPHR certification desirable.
• Experience with onboarding programs and performance management preferred.
• Experience in the automotive sector, and with aluminum products, preferred.
• Experience in a Union environment preferred.
Commonwealth Rolled Products is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Our HR teams will reach out to the applicants who met the qualifications and most closely aligned with requirements of the positions.
APPLY NOW Apply
Email this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Join Our Talent Network
Not ready to apply? Connect with us to join our Talent Network and stay connected!
Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS