February 9, 2021
Thompson Industrial Services
McLean County, KY
Thompson Industrial Services
Read what people are saying about working here.
Number of hires for this role
2 to 4
• • Industrial Cleaning: 5 years (Preferred)
Full Job Description JOB SCOPE / PURPOSE:
A Superintendent is responsible for leading multiple teams to ensure jobs are completed efficiently, effectively, and safely both in and out of their geographical location. This position is responsible assisting in the preparation and planning of upcoming jobs as well enforcing any safety processes and procedures that may follow. This position is responsible for leading and developing individuals in efforts to increase skill sets and shift talent throughout the organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Travel at least 60% to other locations to assist with other outages/jobs
· Assists the General Manager within the geographical location to service, maintain, and prepare equipment for upcoming jobs
· Assists General Manager in planning and coordinating equipment and human capital to meet customer expectations
· Visit local customer sites to ensure crews are meeting all expectation in regards to policies and procedures set forth by Thompson and the customer
· Travel to other divisions to offer support by leading multiple crews and offering assistance during jobs
· Ensure crews traveling to other locations have all the necessary tools and equipment to complete the job efficiently, effectively, and safely
· Ensure all safety policies are followed and enforced at all times within the customer site
· Lead individual crew to complete jobs both locally and in other geographical locations depending on business needs
· Communicate changes and job status updates with local leadership and customer representative within area of responsibility
· Proactively assess selling opportunities by understanding customer processes and communicating accordingly
· Ensure all administrative duties are completed properly and on time such as timesheets, JSHAs, etc.
· Communicate job scope changes, job details, job costs saving, and potential job opportunities with local leadership
· Report any quality issues to the appropriate leadership
· Act in a way that is professional and representative of Thompson Industrial Service, LLC at all times
· Train and support multiple teams within the area of responsibility
· Tools, equipment, machinery used: Large industrial cleaning equipment and materials, large industrial vehicles, and computers and basic computer systems (Word, Excel, etc).
· Working conditions: Normal office environment (on-site and off-site locations), outside work, extreme temperatures, noisy conditions, shift work, flexible schedules, on-call hours, 24/7 availability.
· Physical effort required: Some heavy lifting, working with large machinery, confined spaces, and heights.
· Travel required: Geographical territories can range in size depending on the customer base. Overnight travel will be required for this position.
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred, preferably in engineering or industrial field.
· High school diploma or equivalent required
· Excellent communication skills and computer skills (Microsoft office)
· 3-5 years of experience within industrial or operations field
· 3-5 years in management preferred
· Must possess good administrative, public relations, and technical skills necessary to enhance overall operations
· Must have valid driver’s license and good driving record
Job Type: Full-time
• Dental insurance
• Health insurance
• Paid time off
• Vision insurance
• 12 hour shift
• On call
• Bonus pay
• Supervisory: 3 years (Preferred)
• Industrial Cleaning: 5 years (Preferred)
• One location
• Personal protective equipment provided or required
• Temperature screenings
• Social distancing guidelines in place
• Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place