Senior Shift Supervisor
February 14, 2021
Sr. Shift Supervisor
Mizkan America Inc
Owensboro, KY 42303
Mizkan America Inc
Read what people are saying about working here.
The Sr. Shift Supervisor will work for Mizkan America, Inc. at the Owensboro, Kentucky (Ragu) sauce plant. The plant is a high speed processing and packaging facility which produces sauces for both the Ragu and Bertolli pasta sauce brands. This position reports to the Production Manager. This job description reflects assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
The Sr. Shift Supervisor for the Owensboro Sauce Plant provides the leadership, direction and development for each shift to meet the overall mission and objectives of the organization. This position is ultimately responsible for safety, quality, productivity, cost management, training, development and customer service on the shift. This position will champion employee relations in a team based workforce.
Daily and as Required:
• Overall responsibility for assuring a safe, accident free work environment.
• Ensures the shift meets all quality assurance and food safety programs, which includes, but is not limited to, quality initiatives, regulatory affairs, auditing, inspection, vendor partnerships, raw material/packaging and finished goods performance, and HACCP.
• Develops plans and activities to meet quality/financial targets established for cost reduction, yield improvements and efficiency gains.
• Ensures that product hold is minimized and in line with annual targets.
• Ensures effective root cause analyses are performed for process deviations.
• Assists with the annual budget plan for the Production department to assure responsible care.
• Recommends and participates in capital project improvements and installation.
• Works with leadership team to meet overall plant objectives and ensure continuous improvement.
• Works with supervisors to maximize objectives of the individual SOPs for assigned work area.
• Strives for world class operating efficiency on all production lines.
• Monitors and controls quality objectives related to yields, labor variance and holds.
• Strives for zero accidents or incidents and ensures a people centered safety culture exists within the department.
• Identifies cost saving opportunities and plans to reduce cost through labor efficiency, material usage and equipment use/design.
• Manages multiple projects, requiring equal attention, meeting all objectives in a timely manner.
• Assumes an active role in overall plant and facilities related work.
• Works in a cooperative and engaged manner with team members, leadership, and other departments.
• Supports and responds to daily operational issues.
• Ensures compliance with FDA, USDA, OSHA, EPA and related regulatory agencies.
• Leads a team-based organization with more than 100 production employees per shift.
• Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or related field is required.
5-8 years of experience in food manufacturing with a strong background in Quality.
8+ years supervisory experience leading both salaried and hourly employees.
Intellectually rigorous; strong orientation toward Root Cause Analysis.
Highly developed oral, written and listening skills to influence and lead others.
Proven track record of leading teams and individuals to maximum potential and outcome.
Ability to coach, teach, lead and participate as a team member.
Ability to share information and build trust.
Excellent communication skills.
Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with individuals and groups at all levels of the organization.
Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills.
Strong computer skills.
Willingness and flexibility to adapt to changing business needs and deadlines.
Ability to exhibit a professional business-like appearance and demeanor.