February 8, 2021
Sterett Crane & Rigging
Owensboro, KY 42301
Employer actively reviewed candidates 3 days ago
$50,000 - $65,000 a year
Number of hires for this role
• • Bachelor's (Preferred)
Full Job Description Company Overview
Sterett Crane and Rigging has dedicated the past 70 years to providing quality service, personnel and equipment to the Midwest Region. Committed to customer satisfaction, we strive to deliver an efficient and professional service experience to our customers. Born out of a family-owned construction company started in 1949, we have grown into an industry-leader serving greater than a 300-mile radius from our home office located in Owensboro, Kentucky. With state-of-the-art equipment and a highly trained workforce, we have created an impeccable reputation for professionalism, quality service and safety.
This position provides hands on support for all branch safety activities. These duties include but are not limited to: safety and job audits, personnel safety, recordkeeping and reporting, incident investigation, training, and other administrative duties as required.
· Ensure adherence to all applicable, federal, state and local safety laws and regulations.
· Reviews current safety and compliance training and recommend revisions, improvements, and updates.
· Schedule and facilitate periodic meetings with employees to ensure best practices are always utilized.
· Responsible for reporting accidents/incidents. Assist with investigation and developing plan of action.
· Coordinate and conduct scheduled job and safety audits.
· Coordinate semiannual spot audits of all branches and monthly spot audits of various job sites when applicable.
· Set up systems within area of responsibility, so that risks are identified and dealt with accordingly.
· This includes encouraging and helping employees to report incidents, including “near misses”, i.e. incidents that if recurring might cause a future injury/loss.
· Ensures completion of required OSHA recordkeeping and reporting.
· Assist in the administering of WC claims and manage all to resolution.
· Perform analysis and document finding of branch safety performance.
· Perform risk assessments.
· Report on corrective actions.
· Responsible for keeping track of and maintaining site orientations on all employees at Sterett facilities and the facilities where the actual work is performed.
· Keeping current drug program up to date.
· Manage Safety Incentive Program once implemented.
· Complete Safety Questionnaires for Pre-qualifications and on programs such as: ISNetworld, Avetta, Browz, etc…
· Conduct monthly safety meetings.
· Conduct New Hire Safety Orientation Program.
· All other duties as assigned.
· Some travel required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
• Bachelor Degree in Safety, Safety Engineering, or related preferred
• 2-5 years construction safety experience preferred
• Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills
• Requires analysis and investigative skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
• Extensive knowledge of OSHA safety and health requirements as applied to an industrial environment
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
• 401(k) matching
• Dental insurance
• Health insurance
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
• Vision insurance
• Monday to Friday
• Bachelor's (Preferred)
• One location
• Personal protective equipment provided or required
• Social distancing guidelines in place