February 3, 2021
Hausner Hard Chrome, Inc.
Owensboro, KY 42301
Number of hires for this role
• • High school or equivalent (Preferred)
• Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
Full Job Description Job Title: Plater Trainee
Reports To: HHC, Inc. Plating Shift Lead Man
Location: Owensboro, KY
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Summary: Is actively engaged in learning and performing the below mentioned duties by applying materials to repair, rebuild or establish desired finishes to a wide variety and range of jobs at HHC, Inc. facilities. Heavy industrial environment. Promote the products and services offered by HHC, Inc. through daily quality and timely production of work. Promote the long-term goals of HHC, Inc. Promote good working relationships and teamwork with all employees/departments. Must be flexible and perform other duties and assist where needed as assigned to meet HHC Inc.’s changing needs.
Nature & Scope of Position:
• Determine best possible practices and uses of plating/coatings and techniques.
• Work assigned shift as scheduled.
• Working overtime is required.
• Mask, clean, fixture and prepare parts for plating application.
• Requires a basic understanding of plating, machining and quality control.
• Ability to understand basic blue prints use accurate measuring devises (micrometers, calipers, etc…)
• Proficient use of plating equipment (i.e. OH cranes, forklifts, pallet jacks, rectifiers, tanks, etc…)
• Basic understanding of the use of chemicals used in the plating process and all safety practices.
• Ability to assist in information gathering for accurate quoting practices.
• Perform planned and unplanned minor maintenance on equipment/machinery.
• Good understanding and operation of all plating equipment.
• Diagnostic and repair of minor failures of equipment.
• Complete set up applications as required.
• Application of current materials as well as development and application of new products and applications as technology advances.
• Trains and monitors new employees as requested.
• Timely completion of assigned work.
• Keeps supervisor informed and updated on job status and all other pertinent information.
• Comply with all HHC, Inc. policies and procedures including Safety Rules and training.
• Other task as assigned.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or GED required, prefer minimum of two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent education and experience.
Language Ability: Ability to understand English in written and oral form. Comprehend instructions and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
Math Ability: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, area, circumference and volume.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills: Basic computer skills required to use card swipe time keeping system.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds several times per day. Talk and hear (in person, via telephone and radio). Sit, stand, walk for long periods at a time. Use hands to finger, handle or feel (e.g., operation of power tools, equipment and hand controls; various labor tasks, such as grasping, push/pull motion, use hand held radio, etc.). Reach with hands and arms (e.g. operation of tools and equipment; various labor tasks). Use of vision to see close, distance, color, peripherally, depth perception, and/or ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses, during day and night time hours, as well as in various environmental conditions (e.g., fog, snow, rain, etc.). Climb, balance, stoop, kneel crouch, crawl. Drive a vehicle/equipment for short or long periods of time. Physical repetitive motion (e.g., performing various labor tasks, using tools, operating equipment, driving, using hand held radio, etc.) Comprehend, reason, problem solve, make sound decisions and exercise sound judgment. Noise Level: Usually moderate to loud (work sites and equipment). Taste and Smell (as safety precaution while at work site). Exposure to outside weather conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes and airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, vibration, flammable/combustible/explosive materials, biological hazards, extreme heat and cold, wet or humid conditions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Type: Full-time
• 401(k) matching
• Dental insurance
• Disability insurance
• Employee assistance program
• Health insurance
• Health savings account
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
• Vision insurance
• Night shift
• High school or equivalent (Preferred)
• Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
• Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
• Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
• People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
This Job Is:
• A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
• Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
• A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
• Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
• Waiting period may apply
• Personal protective equipment provided or required
• Temperature screenings
• Social distancing guidelines in place
• Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place