Production: 1st Shift Meistergram Operator
February 13, 2021
Production: 1st Shift Meistergram Operator - UniFirst
Owensboro, KY 42301
Read what people are saying about working here.
The Meistergram Operator operates multiple, single‐head Meistergram monogramming units simultaneously, to create individual Man Names and Shop Title emblems. Job will require participation and compliance to all policies and procedures related to ISO (quality) and safety.
• Reads production order forms, collates orders by receive date (priority), font, thread color, size and type of emblem
• Aligns, inspects, counts (verifies) amounts, bands, and places orders (bundles of emblems) on designated shipping cart, then pushes the cart to a designated area when complete. Electronically scans completed work as required
• Responsible for accurate record keeping, scanning and/or entering applicable clock (processing) codes or as instructed by the Production Lead or Production Supervisor
• Check and confirms the following
• Correct spelling
• Correct thread and fabric color
• Correct emblem type
• Correct floss color
• Scanning out and assigning to appropriate shipping card
• Meistergram / responsible for operating multiple machines simultaneously
• Adjusts and regulates machine(s) as required. Rethreads machine (color changes) as required, based on work instructions. Replaces defective needles as necessary/required
• Gets supplies (thread / blank emblems) as needed from case goods (supply)
• Responsible for conducting regular simple machine maintenance, such as oiling, cleaning small parts such as bobbin cases and tensioning devices
• Daily responsibilities include:
• Keeping workstation clean
• Maintaining productivity level as instructed
• Accurate record keeping (scanning work & clocking in/out)
• Report malfunctions to Lead, Production Supervisor, or Staff Mechanic
• Performing all functions in a safe manner, in accordance with departmental, facility, and corporate requirements
• Job may include cross-training in other Personalization production areas and the Distribution Center
• May be required to perform functions in other production areas on a temporary basis as required
Ability to read, write, speak, understand English, and comprehend general business correspondence. Interpret internal production documentation, equipment manuals, technical bulletins, container labels, MDS, and other written internal documentation. Ability to communicate and respond to questions from management and other staff members.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Reasoning and Problem Solving Ability
Ability to determine the cause of problems and determine solutions. Capable of retaining techniques/skills taught and applying those skills to the job, to assure consistency, quality and limited delays in servicing customers and staff.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, sit, walk; bend at the waist and
kneel. Use hands to finger; handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. See
Personalization FCE Requirements for specific information regarding physical demands of this function.
This function is performed on the production floor. This will require standing, walking, or performing other functions on the Production floor, at 1‐2 hour intervals. Employee will be exposed to moderate to loud noise on a regular basis. May be occasionally exposed to fumes when traveling through other work areas. Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) is required. PPE may also be required, when working in or traveling through other designated work areas. PPE requirements are posted throughout the work area. See also work instructions and other guidelines for specific safety information relating to this operation.
• A Functional Capacity Evaluation (FCE) will be required of all new job applicants after a conditional offer of employment has been made.
• A Functional Capacity Evaluation (FCE) may be required, as part of the Internal Job Application process.
UniFirst offers a Fleet of Benefits, 50+ to be exact!
• 401K with Company Match
• Profit Sharing
• Health Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
• Life Insurance
• Supplemental Life Insurance
• Long Term Disability
• Sick Time
• Paid Holidays
• Direct Payroll Deposit
• Tuition Reimbursement
• 30% Employee Discount
• Employee Referral Program
Where will a UniFirst Career take you?
As an industry leader in the rental, lease and sale of uniforms and facility services products, UniFirst Corporation has grown to become one of the largest companies in the garment services industry.
UniFirst is recognized on the Forbes “Platinum 400 - Best Big Companies” List . With over 14,000 employee Team Partners and more than 250 facilities throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Europe, you are never just a number when you work for UniFirst. What sets us apart from all other companies is that we still function as a family run business. When you work for UniFirst, you’re family!
UniFirst Corporation has a strong history of promoting from within . In fact, most of UniFirst's Senior Managers have come from within the Company. Opportunities are endless for those individuals who possess a strong work ethic, a commitment to quality, and above all else, a passion for delivering quality customer service, both internally and externally.
Our culture is what makes UniFirst an organization that stands out from the rest. Are you interested in loving your job? Find out just how far a career with UniFirst can take you.
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws