February 12, 2021
Function HSE Relocation Available No Position Type Full Time
Overview / Job Summary
Commonwealth Rolled Products is a leading manufacturer of Aluminum rolled products for the Automotive, Commercial, and Industrial markets. The Company operates its production facility in Lewisport, KY with the support of an Automotive Innovation Center for R&D, Sales and Field Service in Madison Heights (DET), and Inside Sales in the Cleveland, OH area.
Our production facility is seeking to add a talented HSE Supervisor to its Health, Safety & Environmental team at our Lewisport, KY facility. This role is responsible for providing effective administration and interpretation of health, safety and environmental policies, OSHA & environmental compliance.
• Develop, implement and administer OSHA and environmental regulatory compliance programs including the selection and distribution of training materials designed to prevent injury and illness and protection of environment.
• Support the HSE team with planning, coordination and implementation of effective HSE policies, guidelines and procedures to ensure the department objectives align with those of plant and corporate leadership.
• Analyze work environments and recommend design of programs to control, eliminate and/or prevent injuries, and releases to the environment.
• Maintain safety records, ensuring that records are complete and accurate, safeguarding the confidentiality of all employee information.
• Facilitate group HSE meetings and loss prevention programs.
• Conduct new hire orientation and employee safetyHSE training related to the site HSE requirements and policies.
• Serve on HSE Committee, increasing awareness, improving HSE knowledge of our employees, and identifying and resolving safety hazards as well as potential environmental impacts.
• Develop and implement HSE programs and functions (HSE awareness activities, monthly HSE topic materials, and HSE audits/walkthroughs) that will assist in identifying employee work processes and practices that are potential sources of injuries and noncompliance.
• Investigate and complete the process for closing out of all HSE accidents and environmental upset conditions. Prepare and submit lessons learned to facility HSE manager and leadership team.
• Collaborate with the management team, employees, and contracted services to ensure the carrying out of safety, ergonomic and wellness programs activities.
• Participate in HSE reviews and inspections as assigned, making recommendations to resolve issues and to ensure a safe and healthy work environment.
• Act as a strategic partner and work closely with the area manager to improve the area HSE compliance.
• Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety, Environmental or similar field required, some experience with safety and/or environmental programs desirable. In exceptional circumstances, an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Basic computer skills required for MS Office Suite.
• Excellent interpersonal, planning, organizational, time management and communication skills are required.
• Ability to motivate work groups to maximum performance through encouragement and delegation. Ability to develop team members through effective training and feedback and to maintain and improve those members for the achievement of objectives and expected outcomes over time.
• Ability to influence others through coaching and behavior modeling by being clear, open, fair, honest, involving others in decisions that affect them, supplying resources as needed, and listening effectively.
• Ability to resolve problems and conflicts quickly through negotiation and coordination, including manpower issues, equipment failures and downtime, and issues with other departments regarding process and quality.
• Ability to organize workforce schedules and equipment operations to meet specified outputs. Ability to analyze workload, assign tasks and provide resources to meet department goals. Ability to use logic, math, company policies, state and federal regulations and laws, and other data analysis tools to meet specific quality outputs.
• Experience working in a Union environment preferred.
• MS Office Suite advanced skills beneficial.
Commonwealth Rolled Products is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Our HR teams will reach out to the applicants who met the qualifications and most closely aligned with requirements of the positions.
APPLY NOW Apply
Email this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Join Our Talent Network
Not ready to apply? Connect with us to join our Talent Network and stay connected!
Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS