Electrical & Automation Engineer (Entry Level)
February 11, 2021
Electrical & Automation Engineer (Entry Level)
Function Tech, R&D and Engineering Relocation Available No Position Type Full Time
Overview / Job Summary
Commonwealth Rolled Products is a leading manufacturer of Aluminum rolled products for the Automotive, Commercial, and Industrial markets. The Company operates its production facility in Lewisport, KY with the support of an Automotive Innovation Center for R&D, Sales and Field Service in Madison Heights (DET), and Inside Sales in the Cleveland, OH area.
Our production facility is looking for an entry level Electrical & Automation Engineer to join its Maintenance & Engineering team. The purpose of this role is to ensure the correct execution of the Electrical and Automation (E&A) part of projects, plan, manage, and implement capital, maintenance and upgrade projects to continuously improve our electrical, automation and controls equipment for ABS (Automotive Body Sheet), achieving specified measurable results, following all Commonwealth Rolled Products policies and governmental regulations.
• Comply with all safety standards and regulations
• Evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria, using judgment in making minor adaptations and modifications to E&A equipment, such as PLC’s, drives, etc., utilizing lean manufacturing techniques.
• Create contract specifications for E&A projects with regard of maximal safety, minimal downtime and optimal performance and life span of machines.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing tasks, promoting open communication with peers and providing updates to direct management.
• Evaluate automated equipment, processes and solve automated equipment problems. Review related manuals, blueprints, & schematic diagrams to determine tasks to be performed.
• Define the (E&A) norms for the plant (PLC, HMI, Hardware, etc.).
• Define the network layout for process networks and the interface to the plant network in cooperation with IT.
• Provide and maintain a back-up system for the automation software (PLC and PC) for the plant. Maintain the integrity of engineering drawings files, projects, equipment archives, and updating any deficiencies that are discovered.
• Develop and maintain check-lists for safety systems to guarantee optimal safety system operation.
• Optimize performance of (E&A) installations.
• Assist and lead maintenance in diagnosing equipment problems and recommend methods to prevent reoccurrence of these issues to improve reliability and reduce maintenance costs.
• Drive employee engagement and participation in the Company's continuous improvement programs by promoting teamwork and open and honest communications.
• Interact with vendors, customers, contractors and employees at all levels of the organization; able to make decisions "under fire".
• Analyze and diagnose root causes of problems and failures recommending and providing solutions to maximize uptime.
• Identify potential problems or opportunities related to the proper and cost effective operation and maintenance of processes to reduce costs and increase throughput.
• Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Prepare and/or modify Electrical drawings, specifications, calculations, charts, and graphs
• Provide technical training to all applicable personnel regarding mechanical systems and functions
• Assemble and review bid analyses. Make recommendations as necessary.
• BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, Automated or Application Engineering required.
• Minimum 1 year of experience in an industrial environment or at least 1 co-op or 2 internships worked in an industrial environment preferred
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skill, and organization skill required
• Must be willing to support troubleshooting efforts in a 24/7 operation
• Aluminum industry experience and experience with a continuous line and/or cold rolling process is a plus.
• Lean manufacturing/Six Sigma experience highly preferred.
• Knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Continuous Improvement principles helpful.
Commonwealth Rolled Products is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Our HR teams will reach out to the applicants who met the qualifications and most closely aligned with requirements of the positions.
APPLY NOW Apply
Email this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Join Our Talent Network
Not ready to apply? Connect with us to join our Talent Network and stay connected!
Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS