Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) Manager
February 11, 2021
• Owensboro, KY, USA
• Full Time
401K w/ Company Match, Insurance (Medical,Dental,Life,Vision) STD, LTD, Tuition Reimbursement
Email Me Similar Jobs Email Me This Job
Specialty Foods Group LLC a division of Indiana Packers Corporation (IPC) is a fully integrated retail, foodservice and private label producer of fresh and processed meats based in Delphi, Indiana. Since the start of operations in 1991, we have experienced rapid growth from a single pork processing company into a multi-plant diversified producer of fresh and processed meats, with locations throughout America's Heartland and revenues of approximately $1.5B. We are best known for our national brand Kentucky Legend (the best-selling quarter-sliced ham in the United States) as well as a number of well-known regional brands, including Indiana Kitchen, Fischer's, Field, Mickelberry's, Kentuckian Gold, and Scott Pete. We now have processing facilities in Frankfort, Indiana; Holland, Michigan; and Owensboro, Kentucky.
We value diversity, innovation, collaboration and those passionate about their jobs. We support our associates by offering a total rewards package, including competitive pay, three different medical care plans (two with company-funded health savings accounts), pharmacy, dental, and vision plans, a retirement/401K (with match on team members' contributions), a competitive paid time off program, educational assistance, and numerous advancement opportunities. With more than 3,100 team members located across 14 different states, we are a big company with a small company culture.
Our team helps feed the world! Are you ready to step up to the challenge of launching your career with Indiana Packers?
The EHS Manager p rovides leadership to implement and manage health, safety and environmental (EHS) programs. The position is responsible for ensuring compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations/standards while working with various department leadership to coordinate facility EHS goals and objectives. The EHS Manager also oversees and administers EHS initiatives to improve safety performance and business culture.
Position Reports To : Director of Human Resources
Core Responsibilities :
• Takes leadership and works with senior leadership in developing long term safety and environmental strategies to meet key performance objectives.
• Monitors the removal of physical, biological and chemical hazards to ensure zero unsafe conditions within the facility and assures proper training of employees on safety policies, procedures, and regulations.
• Verifies compliance with health and safety regulations and ensures all necessary records are maintained and prepared according to established guidelines.
• Manages the participation in Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) inspections, providing inspectors with appropriate documents and identifying safety measures.
• Manage site emergency action plans, emergency response, and HAZMAT team Conduct weekly/monthly reviews of key EHS programs.
• Develops and implements safety policies and procedures according to Occupational Safety and Health Administration guidelines.
• Maintain accurate environmental & safety data to ensure that all OSHA logs and environmental reporting are completed properly and timely.
Essential Job Requirements:
• Ability to stand up to eight (8) hours a day
• Must be able to push/pull/lift up to fifty (50) pounds
• Must be able to sit/stand/bend repetitively
• Must be able to traverse up/down ladders as needed
• Must be able to work in colder environment
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Safety and Health or relevant course of study
• Minimum three (3) years' experience in EHS experience in a manufacturing environment
• Food Industry EHS experience preferred
• Minimum two (2) in management/leadership experience
• Knowledge/Experience in handling worker's compensation
• Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Access, Outlook)
• Effective communication skills in individual and/or large group settings
• Ability to draft/evaluate/analyze safety budgets
• Experience in writing capital expenditure requests
• Experience with permit required confined spaces
• Must pass E-Verify
• HAZMAT Technician Level Certification
• First Aid, CPR, AED Certified
• Experience in managing Process Safety Management (PSM)
• Certified Powered Industrial Truck Trainer
Specialty Foods Group, LLC maintains a diverse workforce where employee differences are truly valued. Our products are known to be household names, not only throughout the region, but the country. As a part of the community for over 100 years, SFG has never had a layoff! Be a part of something legendary...be part of the Specialty Foods Group Team.
EOE, including Disability/Veteran
Indiana Packers Corporation https://indianapackerscorp.applicantpool.com