Physician Owensboro CBOC PC
February 10, 2021
Physician Owensboro CBOC PC Owensboro, Kentucky
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Diagnose, treat and manage a panel of patients.
• Provide comprehensive patient-centered primary medical care.
• Identify acute/non-acute, chronic health problems.
• Use principles of risk management to identify system issues which impact patient care.
• Order and evaluate appropriate diagnostic tests.
• Adhere to clinical practice guidelines for patient chronic diseases.
• Conduct appropriate preventative screens and diagnostic tests.
• Provide appropriate disposition of identified health care problems.
• Participate in Primary Care multidisciplinary activities.
• Inform Veteran s to accomplish shared decision making in medical treatment/regimes.
• Demonstrate medical expertise in diagnosing and treating multi-symptomatic patients.
• Adhere to local policies, procedures and directives related to timeliness of documentation and encounters for verification of patient visits, findings and medical recommendations in the electronic medical record.
• Use Computerized Patient Record System to review and update patient's electronic medical record.
• Maintain view alerts.
The physician will report directly to the Chief of Primary Care Service.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00 am-4:30 pm. May include extended hours or an occasional Saturday based on patient needs. Due to the nature of work, the physician may occasionally be required to stay later than 4:30 pm, as required.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Not required Supervisory status
No Promotion Potential
• Job family (Series)
0602 Medical Officer Similar jobs
• Physicians, All Other
Conditions of Employment
• U.S. Citizenship; non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
• Designated and/or random drug testing required
• Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
• You may be required to serve a probationary period
• Subject to a background/security investigation
• Must be proficient in written and spoken English
• Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
• Must pass pre-employment physical examination
Applicants pending the completion of educational or certification/licensure requirements may be referred and tentatively selected but may not be hired until all requirements are met.
Basic Requirements: • United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
• Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
• Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
• Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
• Proficiency in spoken and written English.
• Physical requirements outlined below.
Preferred Experience: Board Certified is preferred, Board eligible accepted
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Physical Requirements: This position requires a pre-employment physical. Requires lifting 15-44 pounds; pushing (approx. 2 hours); reaching above shoulder; use of fingers and both hands; walking and standing from 3-5 hours and kneeling. Ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously. Near vision correctable at 13" to 16" to Jaeger 1 to 4. Far visions correctable in one eye to 20/20 and to 20/40 in the other. Must have depth perception and ability to distinguish basic colors and shades of colors. Hearing aid is permitted. Education
Note: Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/ . If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html .
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Show Contact Details Audrey West
Show Contact Details 618-997-5311 X54093
Show Contact Details AUDREY.WEST@VA.GOV
Back to top
Date Posted: 2/11/2021
Job Id: 2076030
Create job alert for similar jobs
View Similar Jobs