Accounts Payables Specialist
February 3, 2021
Owensboro , KY 42301
Refer friends, get paid!
Job Description Are you looking to gain more experience in the accounting field? I have the opportunity for you!
With a history of servicing elite companies for over 20 years, we provide top talent and have access to the best jobs in the marketplace. We are extremely excited to provide you with a world-class job search experience. Put your career in our hands. We are Aston Carter Kentucky!
• Prioritize and input all purchase order (PO) invoices into Financial System
• Investigate any PO issues and work for resolution with purchasing department as well as end users (materials not received, prices, freight, quantities and discounts, etc.)
• Prioritize and input all non-PO and various miscellaneous invoices and check requests into Financial System
• Communicate with vendors, administrators, job leads, and managers concerning invoice issues
• Account code all non-PO invoices and credit memos to be entered in Navision
• Review invoices for items that look unusual i.e. late charges, freight. Includes reviewing for cost savings.
• Check all invoices for appropriate sales/use tax (if not correct call vendor &/or if not taxed accrue it)
• Investigate and resolve any contract/request for service issues relating to invoices received
• Check all invoices for appropriate 1099 coding
• Review invoices for items that look unusual i.e. late charges, freight. Includes reviewing for cost savings
• Review monthly statements to account for outstanding invoices
• Open mail, sort, and date stamp (back up for electronic invoices)
• Confirm that all Company invoices are scanned and contact Administrators to resolve problems
• Ensure emailed invoices are attached electronically
• Review all payment requests for proper approval
• Manage the distribution of manual check stock
• Special projects as assigned-testing of new software, new processes, etc.
• Run rejected invoice report - monthly
• Other duties as assigned
If this position is not a good fit for you. Who do you know that it would be a good fit for? Please feel free to share this job posting with them.
About Aston Carter:
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment and staffing services to companies requiring highly specialized business professionals. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aston Carter has an unrivaled commitment to delivering first class service to clients and business professionals across a variety of disciplines, including Accounting and Finance as well as Governance, Risk and Compliance. With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter is a division of Aerotek. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.