Mechanical Engineer, Hot Mill
February 9, 2021
Mechanical Engineer, Hot Mill
Function Tech, R&D and Engineering Relocation Available Yes Position Type Full Time
Overview / Job Summary
Commonwealth Rolled Products is a leading manufacturer of Aluminum rolled products for the Automotive, Commercial, and Industrial markets. The Company operates its production facility in Lewisport, KY with the support of an Automotive Innovation Center for R&D, Sales and Field Service in Madison Heights (DET), and Inside Sales in the Cleveland, OH area.
Our production facility is seeking to add a talented Mechanical Engineer to its Hot Mill maintenance and engineering team. The individual in this position will use his/her knowledge of project management ot plan and implement key capital projects, drive technology improvements and provide engineering solutions that deliver productivity and improve operations within the business unit.
• Responsible for planning, scheduling, and executing capital projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes accruing resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan.
• Direct and manage project development from beginning to end, and oversee quality control throughout the project implementation cycle.
• Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
• Provide quality and timely field engineering technical support, communication and advice to plant managers and operating personnel concerning the design, maintenance of equipment, and procurement of critical spare parts, in conjunction with assigned projects or as part of process improvement tasks.
• Draft and submit budget proposals and recommend subsequent budget changes when necessary.
• Effectively communicate project expectations to team members, contractors and stakeholders in timely and clear fashion.
• Work safely, in compliance with all corporate, plant, local, state and federal safety rules and regulations. Keep abreast of current policies and procedures. Ensure outside vendors/ contractors comply with the same.
• Investigate, develop and provide recommended solutions for any safety issues related to plant equipment requiring field or project engineering as required.
• Mechanical engineering degree, or degree in related engineering field, required.
• Minimum 3 years of related industrial experience, including planning, specification, and implementation of engineering design projects.
• Technical and process management skills are needed in this position, with potential ability to work multiple projects simultaneously.
• Must possess strong decision making and problem solving skills including the ability to solve problems while exhibiting practical judgment and realistic understanding of the issues involved.
• Ability to overcome obstacles and find reasonable resolutions to situations on a case by case basis as encountered.
• Must have the ability and confidence to make decisions relating to role’s accountabilities.
• Ability to exercise discretion when determining if direction from manager is needed.
• Experience in the aluminum industry strongly preferred.
Commonwealth Rolled Products is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Our HR teams will reach out to the applicants who met the qualifications and most closely aligned with requirements of the positions.
APPLY NOW Apply
Email this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Join Our Talent Network
Not ready to apply? Connect with us to join our Talent Network and stay connected!
Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS