February 5, 2021
Posted: 4 Days ago
Owensboro, KY 42303
Owensboro, Kentucky, US
TheraTree's Mission & Purpose
TheraTree’s purpose is to support the whole child: mind, body and spirit.
Our therapeutic services treat:
• Minds by sprouting learning and strategies for life.
• Bodies by cultivating strong, agile muscles and motor skills.
• Spirits by planting the seeds of happiness and confidence to flourish.
This position will be responsible for the following posts in the organization:
• Reconcile Payments
General Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Attends meetings and presents on managed products, sub-products, statistics, and sub-statistics.
• Solves problems through investigation using data.
• Meets deadlines for programs, projects, and tasks.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in
• Sets weekly, monthly, and annual targets to ensure annual goals are met.
• Responsible for maintaining expected statistics of post.
• Responsible for all patient authorizations.
• Tracks authorization period dates and visit numbers for clients.
• Tracks hard maximums.
• Tracks when prior authorization can be submitted.
• Follows up with therapy providers on due dates for submitting paperwork.
• Proof reads all paperwork for authorizations.
• Submits correct paperwork for authorizations within deadlines set by clinic and insurance companies. * Responsible for the appeals process for denied authorizations.
• Responsible for all services provided being collected on in a timely manner.
• Client Payments (co-payments, deductibles, private payments) are being collected at the time of service.
• Accounts Receivable for outpatient billing is timely.
• Payments for primary insurance & secondary insurance are being collected in a timely manner.
• All services not paid within 30 days are claims tracked.
• All invoices to contract agencies are paid within 30 days of notice.
• Responsible for payments accounted for and accurately reconciled into EMR in a timely manner.
General Skills and Qualifications
• Knowledge of billing and coding.
• Knowledge of insurance benefits.
• Reporting Skills.
• Attention to Detail.
• Time Management.
• Data Entry Management.
• Positive outlook on life.
• Demonstrates consistent work behaviors.
• Effective and efficient problem solver.
• Excellent attendance record.
• Excellent punctuality.
• Demonstrates safe behaviors.
• Flexible with and adapts quickly to changes.
• Exhibits responsibility and professionalism.
• Maintains excellent ethics.
• Likes to work in a fast paced environment.
• Is personally aligned with the company’s mission.
• Demonstrates a respect for diversity.
• Able to quickly identify errors.
• Excellent organization skills.
• Can prioritize tasks and manages time accordingly.
• Driven to meet goals/targets.
• Produces a large volume of work.
• Follows through on all programs, projects, and tasks.
• Desire to learn and advance skill set.
• Takes responsibility for professional competence.
• Maximizes all learning experiences.
• Shares knowledge with others in division.
• Engaging and accurate verbal, nonverbal, and written communication skills.
• Direct and clear communication.
• Able to obtain information from others over the phone quickly and efficiently.
• Uses language appropriate for the recipient.
• Clearly communicates ideas to the recipient using essential language skills.
• Demonstrates trustworthiness and this is exhibited in all relationships.
• Contribute to a fun and productive work environment.
• Demonstrates positive interpersonal skills.
• Collaborates efficiently with others to produce a high quality product in a quick time frame.
• Proficient with the following technology:
• EMR Statistics and Insights
• Basic programs such as email, word, excel, powerpoint.
• Navigating Insurance Portals.
1.Mobility, standing, pushing, pulling, reaching, bending, walking, heavy lifting, fine hand coordination, ability to hear, ability to read and write, ability to detect odors, and ability to remain calm under stress.
2. Hearing (corrected) adequate for oral/aural communication with patients, staff, family, visitors, etc.
3. Vision (corrected) adequate for reading.
4. Intelligible speech, language, and cognitive skills.
5. Sitting, standing, and walking required throughout the day.
6. Job duties sometimes require climbing stairs, kneeling, twisting, bending; on occasion, crouching, crawling and reaching overhead.
7. Must be able to demonstrate any appropriate exercise and activities to patients / caregivers.
8. Work in a fast-paced clinical environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer offering the right candidate a unique opportunity to learn, grow, and remain passionate about working with pediatrics. We also offer a comprehensive benefits plans, include a retirement plan with employer match. Professional development opportunities and support also offered, in the applicable field to support our therapists in their continuing education and growth.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resume and cover letter.