Owensboro KY Production Supervisor
February 4, 2021
• Owensboro, KY, USA
• Full Time
Health, Dental, Vision, 401k plus more
Email Me Similar Jobs Email Me This Job
Specialty Foods Group Production Supervisor Owensboro, KY, USA
Specialty Foods Group LLC a division of Indiana Packers Corporation (IPC) is a fully integrated retail, foodservice and private label producer of fresh and processed meats based in Delphi, Indiana. Since the start of operations in 1991, we have experienced rapid growth from a single pork processing company into a multi-plant diversified producer of fresh and processed meats, with locations throughout America's Heartland and revenues of approximately $1.5B. We are best known for our national brand Kentucky Legend (the best-selling quarter-sliced ham in the United States) as well as a number of well-known regional brands, including Indiana Kitchen, Fischer's, Field, Mickelberry's, Kentuckian Gold, and Scott Pete. We now have processing facilities in Frankfort, Indiana; Holland, Michigan; and Owensboro, Kentucky.
We value diversity, innovation, collaboration and those passionate about their jobs. We support our associates by offering a total rewards package, including competitive pay, three different medical care plans (two with company-funded health savings accounts), pharmacy, dental, and vision plans, a retirement/401K (with 50% match on team members' contributions), a competitive paid time off program, educational assistance, and numerous advancement opportunities. With more than 3,100 team members located across 14 different states, we are a big company with a small company culture.
Our team helps feed the world! Are you ready to step up to the challenge of launching your career with Indiana Packers?
The Production Supervisor oversees the production process, operating procedures, and working conditions at our Specialty Foods Group location and coordinates activities of workers engaged in producing or packaging food. This position is responsible for supervising production employees in a processing environment and ensuring established daily production and quality targets are achieved. The Production Supervisor will utilize their skill, experience, and decision-making ability to ensure product and the department meets company, customer, and government specifications.
Position Reports To : Manufacturing Superintendent
Core Responsibilities :
• Completes daily reports for payroll, production, quality assurance, and USDA.
• Complies with all Company and USDA policies and procedures.
• Maintains product quality, product yields, efficiency, inventory control, vacation scheduling, and establish hours and shifts.
• Oversee daily production of Sausage Processing and Sausage Slice and Pack.
• Interact successfully with Smoked Meats Production management to achieve plant and company goals.
• Monitor every aspect of production to ensure compliance with established procedures and standards in accordance with company policies and government regulations.
• Meet order fulfillment requirements and deadlines.
• Conduct studies to identify issues and implement procedures to improve efficiency of production processes.
• Oversee safety, sanitation, and operation of USDA-inspected production areas including staff's proper use of safety and sanitation uniform and gear.
• Set production objectives and implement action plans for achieving set targets.
• Evaluate proposed projects to identify potential risks in advance and develop contingency plans.
• Prepare periodic reports to update management team on production activities.
• Ensure raw materials and final products are stored properly in optimum conditions.
• Starts, adjusts, and repairs production machinery, or notifies maintenance department.
• Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
• Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
• Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
• Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
• Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists workers in solving work problems.
• Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
• Maintains time and production records.
• Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
• Report any issues regarding food safety or quality to supervision and/or quality assurance
• Comply with client requirements when applicable
Essential Job Requirements:
• Must be able to lift/move up to 50 lbs
• Walk long distances
• Sit/Stand, Stoop/Kneel/Crouch/Crawl
• Handle colder working environment
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Demonstrated leadership skills including directing and coordinating the activities of Supervisory staff.
• Demonstrated time management skills including achieving production targets within set time frames.
• Demonstrated decision making skills including making key production choices.
• Prior experience that meets or exceeds the following thresholds.
• Five years of experience in food production with applicable meat processing management experience.
• Bachelor's degree in food science, food technology, manufacturing engineering, or related discipline.
• Proven ability to maintain effectiveness when experiencing changes in work tasks or the work environment, adjusting effectively to work within new work structures and processes, requirements, or cultures
• Proven ability to build networks to obtain cooperation and build alliances
• Proven success completing projects, assignments, tasks, business strategies, or goals; setting high standards of performance for self and others
• Experience using appropriate methods to identify opportunities, implement solutions, and measure impact
• Experience successfully demonstrating initiative to improve existing conditions and processes
• Experience taking charge and initiating actions, directing the activities of individuals and groups toward the accomplishment of meaningful goals, adapting leadership strategy to different situations
• Experience hiring and evaluating employees, providing performance feedback and facilitating professional growth
• Experience successfully creating an environment in which subordinates are rewarded for accomplishment
• Stable employment history
• Strong language/mathematic/reasoning skills
• Must pass E-Verify
Specialty Foods Group, LLC maintains a diverse workforce where employee differences are truly valued. Our products are known to be household names, not only throughout the region, but the country. As a part of the community for over 100 years, SFG has never had a layoff! Be a part of something legendary...be part of the Specialty Foods Group Team.
EOE, including Disability/Veteran
Full Job Description
Indiana Packers Corporation https://indianapackerscorp.applicantpool.com