Production Positions - KY
February 3, 2021
• Owensboro, KY, USA
• Full Time
Health, Dental, Vision, 401k plus more
Email Me Similar Jobs Email Me This Job
Specialty Foods Group, previously known as "Fields Packing Company", a division of Indiana Packers Corp, is a leading producer of premium-branded and private-label processed meats in the United States and proud to be the home of "Kentucky Legend" products. As Owensboro's "2020 Manufacturer of the Year" our dedicated employees have been producing hams, turkey, hot dogs, and lunch meats loved by millions of families across the country. We have called Owensboro, KY home for over 100 years. We believe that giving back to our employees and the community are equally important values to creating quality products. Our company is currently recruiting for Hourly Production Workers
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Must have the ability to learn and successfully operate various types of machinery such as: blenders, grinders, slicers, Tumblers, Frankomatic, T-sizers, fork trucks, jacks,etc.
• Must have the ability to learn set up, changeover, troubleshoot, change parts (such as blades),inspect, disassemble, clean and sanitize various types of machinery
• Must have the ability to learn and complete all documentation associated with machinery and positions on production lines
• Must have the ability to communicate in English (Read and Write) and do basic math
• Will be required to work across departmental boundaries at will
• Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor
• Must be able to occasionally lift up to 60 lbs.
• Must be able to push / pull weight in excess of 1000 pounds when needed
• Occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling & crouching
• Manual dexterity & mobility required
PPE / Tools:
• Hairnet, beard net (if applicable), bump cap, & frock
• Safety glasses, hearing protection, & rubber boots
• Other equipment or tools may be needed.
• Temperatures range from 36-40 degrees in most production areas
• Wet floors
• May have contact with wet product
• Work in a close proximity
• Expected to work continuously in a safe manner
• Expected to encourage others to work continuously in a safe manner
• Expected to report all unsafe conditions to appropriate parties
• Expected to promote safety in all areas of the plant
• Expected to maintain good housekeeping in all areas of the plant
Food Safety / Quality:
• Adhere to all GMP's (Good Manufacturing Practices), such as good hand washing practices and adhering to the employee hygiene plan.
• Follow all USDA guidelines
• Report any issues regarding food safety or quality to supervision and/or quality assurance
• Must take Work Key Assessment and score a cumulative of nine (9) on the test
• Must be regular full-time employee to bid on this position.
• Must be able to work flexible hours to include, up to 12 hours per day, depending upon the production season and some weekends.
• Must have or acquire all jack license, fork truck, LOTO,chemical, etc.
• Basic computer skills
• Must be able to pass E-Verify
EOE, including Disability/Veteran
Indiana Packers Corporation https://indianapackerscorp.applicantpool.com