February 5, 2021
Function Operations Relocation Available No Position Type Full Time
Overview / Job Summary
Commonwealth Rolled Products is a leading manufacturer of Aluminum rolled products for the Automotive, Commercial, and Industrial markets. The Company operates its production facility in Lewisport, KY with the support of an Automotive Innovation Center for R&D, Sales and Field Service in Madison Heights (DET), and Inside Sales in the Cleveland, OH area.
Our business is seeking to add a talented Maintenance Mechanic to its Lewisport facility. The purpose of this role is to maintain and take proactive measures to ensure all equipment is operational and functional to meet the production and quality requirements. You will be required to construct, install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain all types of mechanical, production, and service equipment; inspect, test, adjust, balance, set and align equipment; replace bearings, couplings, and shafts to close tolerance and precision fit; layout, fabricate, and fit parts and assemblies using hand and power tools; work from blue prints, diagrams, sketches and handbooks.
• Braze, weld, cut, solder and metalize as required to effect repairs; disassemble, repair, assemble and adjust hydraulic and pneumatic equipment.
• Perform preventative maintenance as required, fill out log book and other related reports.
• Make up slings and splices; perform heavy rigging; erect and disassemble scaffolding as required by work; use crane, trucks and materials handling equipment in conjunction with assigned work.
• Notify appropriate personnel of irregularities in equipment or materials; maintain clean and orderly conditions in shop and work areas; observe all safety rules.
• Familar with power saws, drills, hammers, presses and grinders, ovens, dip tanks, dynamic balancer, gas and electric welding and cutting equipment, dial indicators, rules, tapes, micrometers, squares, levels, flow and pressure meters, lubricating equipment, handling equipment such as jacks, hoists, cranes and trucks; hand and powered cleaning tools; hand tools common to the trade and P.C.
• High School diploma or GED.
• At least three years of mechanical maintenance experience in a manufacturing/industrial environment and/or graduated from a mechanical program from a technical college required
• Must meet or exceed the pre-placement assessment requirements
• Ability to perform physical and labor intensive tasks
• Flexibility in working hours including ability to work day, evening and night rotating shifts, daily overtime, weekends and holidays
• Ability to adjust to the changing needs of a fast-paced manufacturing environment
Commonwealth Rolled Products is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Our HR teams will reach out to the applicants who met the qualifications and most closely aligned with requirements of the positions.
APPLY NOW Apply
Email this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Join Our Talent Network
Not ready to apply? Connect with us to join our Talent Network and stay connected!
Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS