Customer Service Specialist
February 4, 2021
Customer Service Specialist
Farm Credit Mid-America
Owensboro, KY 42301
Farm Credit Mid-America
Read what people are saying about working here.
At Farm Credit Mid-America, we believe people are our strongest asset. We are consistently looking to hire individuals from a wide range of experience and capabilities who have a desire to serve. Currently, we have over 1,500 employees across Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky and Tennessee.
BASIC FUNCTION: The Customer Service Specialist (CSS) provides exceptional internal and external customer service by delivering and supporing the delivery of financial services. Responsibilities include establishing, developing, and maintaining strong and effective working relationships with internal and external customers, handling of incoming customer phone calls and walk-in customers, handling of financial transactions, monetary accounting activities, funds deposits, and daily reports. The CSS also provides general administrative support for the other roles in the retail office.
• CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIPS:
o Creates a positive customer experience by delivering timely, thorough, thoughtful and responsive service in a way that exceeds customer expectations while meeting internal deadlines.
o Uses Relationship (our Customer Relationship Management software) for follow up, comments and per business standards
o Establishes, develops and maintains strong internal and external customer relationships by coaching others and consistently providing quality service
• FRONT LINE CUSTOMER SERVICE: Primary contact to greet and assist customers, prospects, and visitors when they visit the retail office. Answer incoming Marketplace customer phone calls using the Finesse Phone System.
o Monetary Transaction Processing:
• Receipt of loan payments
• Funds transfers
• Cross sell products – Farm Cash Management, Remote Deposit, Paid, Online Banking
• Transaction keying
• Wire transfers
• PAID forms completion and Online Banking forms completion
• Customer initiated loan disbursements
• Incoming payoff requests from customers and outside vendors
• Daily balance via Batch processes and check scanning
• Take cash deposits to the depository bank daily
• Completes activities to reconcile required daily, monthly, etc. reports
o Loan and Customer Support:
• Contact customers to resolve account discrepancies to include:
• Credit line overdrafts
• Insufficient fund notifications
• Past due notices and delinquent accounts, involving the FO or CLO as needed per policy
• Payment of late charges
• Transfer customer calls to the appropriate team member
• Monitor Relationship Channels and Marketplace Mailbox
• Proficient internal processes – Relationship standards, Finesse, & Jabber
• Monitor insurance policies/cancellations, scanning per manual directions
• Complete post-closing instructions as assigned by the Closing Specialist (CS)
• Support other Customer Service Specialists in the Marketplace in times of absence
• Process customer requests for account information
• Records Management and Retention
• Complete documents to Release Lien at Loan payoff to include:
o Titles and Title lien statements
• Purge Do Not Destroy documents tied to loan payoff
• COORDINATION WITH RETAIL TEAMS: Primary contact for Marketplace email account. Distribute emails accordingly or complete requested tasks as aligned with position descriptions, or as otherwise assigned.
• Scan all customer supplied information during application process and as needed to support other roles. Examples include: balance sheets, tax returns, annual financial update information, construction receipts, paid invoices, etc.
• Assist with Marketplace marketing and meetings as requested.
• Coordinate the Ag Direct follow-up process by emailing the appropriate AS or FO via Relationship linked to customer.
• Perform Post-Closing Relationship task when signed closing documents are received at your office.
• Perform all office scanning – includes balance sheets, tax returns, and other required documentation, all signed closing and post-closing documents
• Supports Construction Loan Disbursement as requested involving scanning invoices, lien waivers, writing checks, etc.)
• Assist Crop Insurance with customer mailings, phone calls and scanning as needed.
• Assist Agribusiness customers with Front Line Customer Service – Monetary Transaction Processing and scanning
• ADMINSTRATIVE AND FACILITY SUPPORT:
• Provide general administrative support for RVP / DRO and Retail Team.
• Pick up and distribute mail.
• Serve as primary contact for facilities vendors, building upkeep and maintenance.
• Coordinate paying of bills. Order and maintain office supplies.
• Monitor non-employee access to the building with assistance from teammates.
• Complete monthly expense report for office credit card.
• REPRESENTS AND COMMUNICATES THE MISSION AND VALUES OF FARM CREDIT MID-AMERICA and complies with its conduct policy, security policy and confidentiality expectations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
Knowledge of: Farm Credit Mid-America products, services, fees and their application to customers’ needs; credit delivery, market segments; basic agriculture; basic credit; economic conditions; competition’s products, interest rates, and fees; selling techniques; Association technology and accounting systems, as well as loan origination systems, processes, and documents; and Farm Credit Mid-America policies and procedures.
Skills in: Providing exceptional customer service; coaching others; completing and reading balance sheets; researching courthouse documents; interviewing customers to obtain financial information; interpersonal relations; verbal and written communications; listening; organizing; problem solving; matching products and services to customer needs; translating features into benefits; selling; using accounting and loan origination systems; using computers.
Ability to: Be flexible; work efficiently and accurately; identify priorities; work with interruptions; maintain confidentiality; work independently and with a team; be disciplined; achieve goals; accept and implement corporate strategies; demonstrate Association values; relate positively to others; listen to customers; use systems and computers; be logical; work under stress; overcome objections; manage time; assess risk; professionally represent Farm Credit Mid-America.
Requirements of the job include the ability to do the work, with or without reasonable accommodations. It is the Association's policy to make reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. Leadership retains the right to add, subtract or change duties of the position at any time.
Education and Experience
High School diploma and at least three years of successful experience in two or more of the following areas: administrative support, financially related customer service, computer operations
Here's What We Can Offer You...
Farm Credit Mid-America has an outstanding Total Rewards package, which includes, but is not limited to:
• Salary commensurate with experience
• 15 vacation days, 15 sick days, and 11 paid holidays per year
• 401(k) plan
• Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life/AD&D benefits, etc.
• Fitness Incentive Program
• Tuition Reimbursement
Farm Credit Mid-America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other category protected by law.