February 3, 2021
Owensboro, KY 42303
Number of hires for this role
• • Bachelor's (Preferred)
Full Job Description Tasty Brands is a well-established, fast growing national company with two manufacturing plants in Owensboro, KY. We produce sandwiches and lunch kits for our nation’s students and other government programs, with an additional focus on providing high volume items for selected Private Brand retail customers.
Tracco is a division of Tasty Brands which is committed to providing high quality sliced deli meats that are produced by associates who uphold the highest levels of food safety and best in class methods in the industry. With a focus on best practices, and continuous improvement, we are looking for people who want to join us for a long career and be part of a great success story. We are currently recruiting for a Production Planner to join our expanding team in Owensboro, Kentucky.
Our employees embrace our following CORE VALUES to help achieve maximum potential.
Urgency – Do Things Today, Not Tomorrow
Accountability – Expand Job Skills and Responsibilities, Understand Company Goals
Proactivity – Constantly Thinking Outside the Box, Effectively Communicating
Teamwork – Support Each Other to Achieve Excellence, Meet Company Goals
Integrity – Doing What Is RIGHT and Setting a Positive Example
We have an outstanding team of motivated professionals who work well together in a fun and team spirit type atmosphere. We are looking for the next “good fit” to join our team.
The Production Planner will develop production plans to ensure production capabilities support inventory needs while striving to meet customer expectations and demands. In addition, this member will be a conduit to the corporate and plant operations team.
The Production Planner will work in a team-oriented environment. This is a collaborative position that requires a high level of professionalism and communication.
_ Duties and responsibilities: _
• Coordinate all production planning and raw material inventories. Monitor and utilizes all raw materials within shelf life requirements.
• Track and monitor production progress in all plants.
• Ability to resolve scheduling conflicts, materials delays and last-minute production requests.
• Utilize internal ERP systems to schedule, manage and track all areas of production.
• Create schedules that promote the ability to fill orders on time, in full and within product shelf life parameters; maximizes operational efficiencies.
• Work closely with customer service/sales, production, and operations, QA/RD departments
• Analyze trends to increase and decrease inventories
• Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
• Qualifications: *
• Bachelor’s degree
• 2+ years in production planning or supply chain management experience in the food/beverage industry
• Intermediate/Advanced Outlook, Word, and Excel Skills required
• ERP scheduling system experience preferred
• Strong Math skills required
• Excellent time management skills with proven organizational skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Detailed oriented and ability to multi-task
• Ability to think critically, apply logical and common sense to solve complex operational and production scheduling problems.
We offer benefits including medical, dental vision, 401K with company match and paid time off! EOE.
Job Type: Full-time
• 401(k) matching
• Dental insurance
• Flexible spending account
• Health insurance
• Paid time off
• Referral program
• Vision insurance
• Day shift
• Bachelor's (Preferred)
• One location
• Waiting period may apply
• Only full-time employees eligible