Obstetrical Technician - Labor & Delivery
January 21, 2021
PeaceHealth is seeking a Obstetrical Technician - Labor & Delivery for a Part Time, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $19.25, more depending on experience.
The Obstetrical Technician is a team member working under the direction of the Unit Manager, Charge Nurse, and nursing staff in the delivery of care to the obstetrical patient and her infant using a patient/family-centered model in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Responsibilities include but are not limited to preparing patient, equipment and supply for delivery; special obstetrical procedures; and assisting the obstetrical surgical team.
1. Perform a variety of patient care tasks as directed by the nursing staff effectively and independently on OB cases as assigned. May include scrubbing as allowed by state requirements.
2. Maintain unit supplies by requisitioning and receiving supplies then stocking patient rooms and supply areas to meet patient care needs. Inventory control.
3. Participates in and practices proper safety management including infection control.
4. Completes room and instrument set-up and clean-up process in operating room and labor rooms. Sort, clean and inspect surgical instruments in accordance with standard procedures and techniques.
5. Obtain and record patient data for health record; conduct, collect, and deliver routine tests on patient specimens; assist staff with special unit procedures.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred
• Minimum of one year experience in an acute care facility preferred.
• A minimum of one year experience as an OB surgical technologist preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
• Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
• WA: State of Washington CNA certification
• WA: Current registration to work as a Surgical Technologist in the State of Washington
• Excellent communication skills
• Organized, flexible and able to function effectively and independently as assigned
• Creative problem solving skills
• Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions
• Ability to execute detailed procedures with accuracy and precision
• Basic computer skills including MS Office applications and other applicable clinical applications
LONGVIEW PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
• Work requires moderate physical exertion more than 66% of the time.
• Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
• Work requires frequent exposure to skin or lung irritants extreme cold or heat sharp instruments or, dangerous equipment; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
• Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility .
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.