Quality Control Technician
January 22, 2021
Quality Control Technician
Position Type Hourly Full-Time # of Openings 1 Requisition ID 2021-9591 Category Quality Control Product Line Aggregates Job Locations US-KY-Smithland Company Aggregate Industries Management, Inc.
Performs quality control tests for the specific product line in accordance with established local or national standards. This position will be required to conduct quality control tests within the precision standards established by ASTM and AASHTO. The position will be required to report results upward and seek assistance to analyze data. Conducts in depth problem solving, detailed data and trend analysis, and troubleshooting associated with aggregate material performance. This position also assists the Material Performance Manager of the product line in the implementation of best practices and techniques, in regards to product quality and quality initiatives.
• Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
• Practice and promote safety in such a way as including but not limited to; assessing risks before starting tasks, only performing authorized activities, utilizing appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
• Be a responsible advocate for on-the-job safety and the environment.
• Carries out ongoing lab and field sampling. Testing to ensure that material produced and shipped meet State, project and customer specifications and expectations. Failure to do so will result in rejection of products that could produce significant negative impact to (1) Market Area financials and (2) LafargeHolcim’s image in the marketplace.
• Assist with the development, administration, implementation and documentation of material control plans and related material performance data, procedures and project-specific quality control.
• Perform some service, repair, and calibration of laboratory and field testing equipment on a timely basis.
• Carries out regular updates to appropriate Quality Control and Quality Assurance test databases and spreadsheets and provide report summaries or analyses as needed.
• Able to learn the basic operations of cement, asphalt or aggregate plants.
• Provide “troubleshooting” guidance and advice, for various customers both internal and external.
• Technical material performance support and expertise provided for all plants in geographic area.
• Recommend and assist with plant changes to ensure conformance and consistency.
• Assist Plant Superintendents and Managers as required.
• Assist Material Performance personnel in other areas, when available.
• Work under general / minimal supervision; customarily works 20-30% of the time without direct supervision.
• Other duties as assigned
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHER JOBS
Plant Manager, Operations Manager, Plant Supervisor
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School diploma/GED
Work Experience: 1-3 years
• Two years of post-secondary technical education or equivalent in experience.
• At least two years of experience as materials Q.C. Laboratory Technician preferred.
• Illinois DOT Aggregate Technician Certificate or the ability to obtain within 3 months.
• Mine Safety and Health Administration Certificate (MSHA) Or the ability to obtain in 6 mo through LafargeHolcim training
• Availability and willingness to work flexible hours including some nights and weekends to meet customer needs.
• This position requires as an essential function:
• Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs over uneven ground for a distance of 300 ft
• Dependable attendance
• The ability to get along with co-workers at all levels of the organization.
• The ability to pass the post offer physical examination and pre-employment drug screening
• Maintain a plant diary documenting weather conditions, amterial produced, samples taken, problems, corrective actions and general comments related to quality.
• Educates customers in proper application of all LafargeHolcim products.
• Job coordinator for on-site quality control work as needed.
• Assist salesmen, superintendents and managers as required.
• Customer service with regards to testing and product information.
• Completion of testing in a timely manner.
• Responsible for own ongoing maintenance, calibration and calibration documentation of testing equipment.
• Dealing with Ambiguity
• Time Management
• Interpersonal Savvy
• Decision Quality
• Written/Verbal Communications
• Priority Setting
Apply for this job online Apply
Email this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Click to view Company Benefits Overview