January 22, 2021
At Freddie Mac, you will do important work to build a better housing finance system and you’ll be part of a team helping to make homeownership and rental housing more accessible and affordable across the nation.
Position Overview: Are you someone who thrives in working in a high visibility, fast paced development work environment? Do you have a thorough understanding and passion for excellence in technology and making delivery timelines? Freddie Mac’s IT Division is seeking a highly qualified and skilled technical candidate to serve as a subject matter expert in the architecture and engineering of Splunk environment hosted on AWS for log management, IT Intelligence, and SIEM of a hybrid environment. If you have proven experience in engineering and operations of Splunk environment and manage several of Splunk’s key processes in the form of Infrastructure as Code primarily via Cloud Formation, Ansible, Lambda, and Git technologies, apply to Freddie Mac’s Platform Services team. This team is modernizing application, IT, business, and security monitoring using Agile and DevOps principles. Read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity!
Our Impact: • Our team participates in technology assessment; design based on requirements and architectural guidelines, and implement reliable solutions for business users, application and platform owners, and other parties in the areas of Security Monitoring, Log Analytics and application monitoring.
• Engineer automation and orchestration designs to help provide seam-less and highly available solutions.
• We collaborate with Info Sec, IT and cloud teams to advance our technical capabilities within Splunk and other monitoring tools.
• Create and maintain a highly resilient, scalable and automated Splunk platform on AWS.
• Fully utilize AWS with services such as Cloud Formation Templates, S3, EC2, EKS and many more
Your Impact: • Act as a subject matter expert of Splunk environment on AWS cloud for optimal design, engineering and operation of the platform.
• Ensure all systems have high availability and disaster recovery in place per design
• Take lead in the upkeep, maintenance and ensuring that Splunk environment is available and reliable.
• Seek opportunities for automation and integration of various tools and services
• Develop and enhance appropriate operational procedures to ensure consistent service delivery and compliance
• Guide in designing technical roadmap of Splunk on AWS
Qualifications: • 5+ years of hands on experience implementing Splunk and maintaining its operations
• In depth experience designing and maintaining a Splunk environment that is: secure, resilient, scalable, transformative
• Experience automating workflows using Ansible and AWS services particularly Cloud Formation & Lambda
• Experience using repositories (Git, Code Commit, etc.)
• Experience designing cloud solutions following DevOps and Agile principles
Keys to Success in this Role: • Self-starter and self-motivated
• Agile and DevOps approach to deliver results
• Ability to work and collaborate effectively in a team environment
• Motivated to learn new technologies and identify process improvements and efficiencies
Current Freddie Mac employees please apply through the internal career site.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC.
Time-type:Full time Job Category:Information Technology FLSA Status:Exempt
Job Type: Full time