Senior Clinical Manager - Ambulatory Care Specialist
January 23, 2021
When you’re the best, we’re the best. We instill an environment where employees feel engaged, satisfied and able to contribute their unique skills and talents. We provide extensive opportunities for personal and professional development, building both employee competence and organizational capability to fuel exceptional performance now and in the future.
In this role, you will work with member organizations, Vizient business units, suppliers, and other stakeholders to provide expertise and education on a diverse set of clinical topics that cause significant challenges for healthcare such as high cost drugs in relative disease states and drug shortages. You will develop and deliver evidenced based medicine and drug information resources on a variety of clinical topics.
• Coordinate and lead programmatic offerings across departments throughout the organization to address critical clinical practice member needs.
• Facilitate and lead member councils, conferences, and task forces and other groups as required.
• Represent Vizient as a principal thought leader both internally and externally in meetings, conferences, and other speaking and presentation opportunities.
• Support research and contribute to the clinical practice literature in order to increase leadership profile.
• Identify relevant advocacy issues and work with the Vizient public policy office in order to advance these causes subsequent to member requests.
• Develop and deliver comprehensive continuing educational programming maximizing the subject matter expertise that exists within the organization.
• Monitor and identify environmental changes due to new drug approvals, losses of exclusivity, regulatory revisions, legal decisions, or other factors and projects the clinical economic impact is on member organizations.
• Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy required. Doctor of Pharmacy or Master’s in Business Administration is preferred.
• 5 or more years of relevant experience required.
• Clinical pharmacy experience required.
• Experience as a Director of Pharmacy, Pharmacy Clinical Coordinator or Manager is preferred.
• Experience with Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee activities is strongly desired.
• A strong understanding of both inpatient and outpatient pharmacy services and trends is desired.
• Advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing software is required.
• Recognition or certification by the pharmacy profession is preferred (FASHP, BCPS).
Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The Company is committed to equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender identity, ethnicity, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status or any other category protected by applicable law.
Job Type: Full time