VP, Value-Based Care - Business Development
January 23, 2021
The Vice President of Value‐Based Care – Business Development will accelerate U.S. Renal Care’s shift towards value-based care in kidney care by closing new value-based contracts with health plans and other risk bearing entities. The role will ensure growth by messaging the USRC’s commitment, scale, and deep clinical expertise to deliver a unique value proposition to patients, payers, and partner physicians.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and tasks may be assigned.
• Develop a strong pipeline of health plan and other risk bearing entities to sell our VBC solution. Proactively leverage personal and professional networks to build pipeline.
• Implement marketing strategies including presence at trade shows, conferences, events, to aggressively penetrate the health plan market.
• Act with urgency to navigate multi-level relationships with health plan customers.
• Identify, gain access to, and build strong relationships with appropriate health plan executives (e.g., Chief Executive Officer, Chief Medical Officer) and decision makers.
• Develop an understanding of health plan products, membership, geographic presence, and organizational structures to effectively navigate these organizations.
• Understand health plan market trends, product-market fit, and market opportunities.
• Effectively articulate our VBC solution to health plans including our clinical approach and differentiation, operational processes, and financial value of our solution and services.
• Engage with health plan entities to thoroughly understand their total cost of care and quality metrics related to their members with kidney disease. Work collaboratively with internal USRC analytics team to evaluate cost savings and MLR improvement opportunity for health plans.
• Work collaboratively with various departments at USRC including clinical, operational, legal, and our physician partners to build consensus for new contracts and gain support to close deals.
• Collect market information and trends to inform future product/solution development efforts.
• Strategize on effective positioning, product features, and communication of our value proposition to health plans.
• Actively promote GUEST customer service standards; develop effective relationships at all levels of the organization.
• Effectively communicate expectations; accept accountability and hold others accountable for performance.
• Uphold management goals of corporation by leading staff in team concepts and promoting a team effort.
• Maintain effective personnel management and employee relations, including evaluating the performance of all personnel; approving and submitting all hours worked and counseling and disciplining employees.
• Regular and reliable attendance is required for the job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field required. MBA or master’s degree strongly preferred.
• Ten (10) plus years of experience in healthcare sales, corporate/business development, consulting, and/or physician consulting required.
• Five (5) plus years of experience selling solutions to and closing value based, risk based or capitation contracts with health plans.
• Demonstrated experience building and implementing strategy to network and C-level contacts within health plan entities.
• Experience structuring and negotiating value-based contracts required. Proven analytical thinking skills and financial acumen to structure complex financial contracts.
• Knowledge of kidney care and/or End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) or similar field is strongly preferred.
• Intermediate computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and web-based tools) required; proficiency in USRC applications required within 90 days of hire.
U.S. Renal Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran.