Senior DevOps Engineer (Enterprise IT)
January 22, 2021
Sr. DevOps Engineer - Enterprise Information Technology
Are you passionate about creating technology solutions? Peloton is looking for an intellectually curious, bright, adaptable, collaborative Sr. DevOps Engineer with a diverse set of skills who can thrive in a challenging and rewarding environment. As a Sr. DevOps Engineer, you will work with a broad group of teams to design, implement, and support technology solutions that enable business units to evolve. In this role, a premium is put on treating our technology and business partners as customers in order to design end-to-end solutions.
The Enterprise Information Technology team is responsible for designing, building, and supporting solutions for our internal user community.
Weâ€™re looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to scale and expand our services to support the needs of a business experiencing hyper-growth and expanding world-wide. The ideal candidate knows how to strike the balance between moving quickly and mitigating risk, and can operate effectively in a fast-paced, agile environment. The successful candidate will excel in a team environment and possess strong communication skills, while having aptitude across a wide scope of technical disciplines such as software, hardware, cloud, and networking. You must have security as a mindset and as a facet of all designs and operations.
You will want to work with us if youâ€™re passionate about building awesome things!
What youâ€™ll do :
• Design and build enterprise technology solutions to meet the needs of a dynamic business
• Own and operate critical internal services like Jenkins, Artifactory, and Gradle enterprise
• Push the team to continuously improve and expand our tooling and services with an eye towards self service, reliability, and efficiencies at scale
• Build, maintain, and improve automation that manages our infrastructure as code
• Exemplify our core values of putting members first, operating with a bias for action, empowering teams of smart creatives, and embracing a â€œtogether we go farâ€ mentality
Required Qualifications, Skills:
• 5+ years of technical experience with Platform, Site Reliability Engineering, or DevOps
• 5+ years of experience with enterprise infrastructure architecture
• Solid experience managing, monitoring, and supporting high traffic environments
• Experience collaborating with Web/Software Development teams
• Experience with software release management (GIT) and agile/scrum methodologies
• Experience capacity planning and auto scaling infrastructure
• 3+ years of experience with Amazon Web Services
• Experience with configuration orchestration tools (Terraform, Cloudformation)
• Experience with build and configuration management tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
• Solid familiarity with building and maintaining continuous deployment environments
• Experience programming in a language like Python, Golang, Bash
• Experience deploying and supporting Linux and Windows servers
• Experience designing and operating platforms to support off-the-shelf software
• Experience troubleshooting performance issues
• Basic knowledge of Networking is essential
Additional Skills :
• Experience automating configuration of physical appliances using configuration management
• Experience with a SIEM such as Splunk or Graylog
• Experience with performance monitoring and reporting
• Proficient in deploying Kubernetes
• Experience working with APIs and scripting around them (ie: Okta API)
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com
â€œTogether We Go Farâ€ means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. In order to be the best version of Peloton, we are deeply committed to building a diverse workforce and inclusive culture where all of our team members can be the best version of themselves. This work has no endpoint; it is the constant work of running an organization that strives to reach its full potential. As a first step in our commitment, we announced the Peloton Pledge to invest $100 million over the next four years to fight racial injustice and inequity in our world, and to promote health and wellbeing for all, from the inside out.