Private Bank - Investment Specialist - TX
January 22, 2021
JPMorgan Chase & Co . is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $2.7 trillion, over 240,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries. It operates across four business segments including Asset & Wealth Management, Corporate and Investment Banking, Commercial Banking and Consumer and Community Banking .
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
J.P. Morgan Private Bank advises the world’s wealthiest families and helps them achieve their desired goals. Our teams of Advisors deliver advice, solutions and services across investments, wealth planning, credit and banking to help clients build, preserve and manage their wealth over time.
The U.S. Private Bank advises families across the U.S. through 45 offices and represents one of the largest growth opportunities for J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. In 2019, the U.S. Private Bank was recognized by Euromoney as the #1 Private Bank Overall in North America.
As part of our team of specialists, the Investor (Investment Specialist) is responsible for helping the Banker win new clients and deepen and strengthen existing client relationships through advising on investment solutions.
• Able to provide customized solutions using complex investment products
• Conduct investment reviews with clients to validate the clients’ current investment objectives and prepare recommendations of appropriate investment products
• Develop investment policy statements and advise on asset allocation
• Closes sales of complex investment products
• Focus on qualified purchaser clients and act as primary resource for investment communication
• Build excellent working relationships with internal clients
• Adhere to internal and external policies and procedures regarding securities transactions and code of conduct
• Support coordination of sales effort with Capital Advisors, Trust Officers and Wealth Advisors
• Provide guidance to junior staff
• In depth experience and/or knowledge of hedge funds, private equity and alternative investments
• Able to execute trades smoothly and seamlessly and tasked with managing brokerage activity
• Sales experience including: overcoming objections, negotiation, team selling approach, closing the sale and asking for referrals
• Conducts operations within FINRA and other regulatory agency guidelines and requirements
• Demonstrated understanding of wealth management including, but not limited to: credit, deposits, trust and financial planning
• Ability to work in a team based environment
• Seven plus years’ experience in Private Banking or Financial Services industry
• Ideal candidate has prior experience providing complex investment solutions to individuals
• Bachelor’s degree required; CFA, MBA, JD, & CFP preferred
• Series 7 & 63 licenses required for position; however, unlicensed candidates considered but required to obtain licenses within 90 days of start date
• J.P Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package
• J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
• Learn more about J.P. Morgan Private Bank & our capabilities in the meantime at: https://am.jpmorgan.com/private-bank/public/gl/en/home
RequisitionType Professional JobSchedule Full time