Project Manager (RPLS)
January 22, 2021
Project Manager (RPLS)
Dallas, TX 75231
Read what people are saying about working here.
Under the direct supervision of a Registered Professional Land Surveyor (unless already licensed), performs surveying duties and comprehensive project management for numerous land surveying projects of low to medium complexity while effectively leading and promoting a limited number of assigned technical personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Successfully manages numerous surveying projects of low to medium complexity.
• Maintains effective communications with clients, other design consultants, regulatory agencies, Internal Engineering Department (re: schedules, deliverables and billings) and other appropriate parties, both verbal and written.
• Uses good time management methods and habits to meet schedule requirements.
• Uses developed organizational skills to deliver projects efficiently and thoroughly.
• Effectively uses current computer aided design and production software to maximize efficiency of project delivery.
• Takes proactive role to enhance the professional development of assigned personnel.
• Creates and maintains a positive environment and team approach for all assignments.
• Actively performs other tasks as assigned, or as individually identified, to benefit the overall company efficiency and work environment.
• Protect the well-being of the client, staff, and the company at all times
• Coordinates with internal clients / Principal / Associate Principal / Internal Survey Department to develop fee proposals including scope of work, compensation, schedule for small and medium projects.
• Performs all project billing, collections and job cost analysis to maximize project profitability while maintaining quality of project deliverables.
Minimum Experience/Skill Requirements:
• Demonstrates competence in all areas of land surveying, both basic and moderate.
• Able to develop scopes of work and project schedules to prepare complete surveying fee proposals.
• Has basic understanding of liability as it relates to land surveying and other issues affecting the individual and the company
• Demonstrates proficiency with current computer aided survey and production software and ability to learn new versions or new technology.
• Proven ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients.
• Able to effectively and professionally represent the firm, client and/or design team in public or group settings.
• Minimum of two (2) years of experience as a Survey Intern (or equivalent).
Minimum Registration/Education Requirements:
• Certified Surveyor-in-Training or Registered Professional Land Surveyor by the Texas State Board of Professional Land Surveying.
• Graduate from an accredited university or college with a Bachelor's Degree in Land Surveying (Experience or degrees in other disciplines may be substituted at Management's discretion).
• Standard benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, PTO, etc.)
• Competitive pay
• Compressed work week (half days EVERY Friday)
• Company sports teams
• Exceptional work facilities