Network Engineer III
January 22, 2021
CTG is seeking to fill a Network Engineer III opening for our client in Irving, Texas.
Location: Irving, TX
Duration: 3 months
Due to Covid restrictions, this position is currently remote and candidates must have strong internet while working from home until the office is back open.
We are seeking a talented Network/Telecom Engineer III who designs and plans the more complex elements of implementation, optimization, and operation of LAN, Wireless LAN, and WAN systems at remote and core locations. Under minimal supervision, the Network Engineer III collaborates with management to determine LAN, Wireless LAN, WAN, and Telecom business needs and provides technical expertise for the successful design and implementation of effective enterprise-wide network and telecom or contact center strategies. Support may extend from testing, troubleshooting problems, and regular maintenance to strategic planning of network and telecom upgrades and high-level performance analyses.
• Establishes networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
• Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
• Secures network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
• Provides strategic planning and technical support to determine LAN, Wireless LAN, WAN and Telecom business needs throughout the company.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
• Reporting network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects.
• IP Telephony/Contact Center troubleshooting, implementation and management
• Call recording troubleshooting, implementation and management
• Carrier procurement, configuration, troubleshooting and expense management.
• Coordinates replacement of failed components with vendors.
• Network and telecom recoverability - pre and post incident.
• Desktop, telecom, LAN\WAN and datacenter cabling.
• Rack and stack of equipment.
• Technical testing/test plan development and implementation.
• Oversees the development and maintenance of the IT strategic plan.
• Coordinates priorities between the IT department and user departments.
• Approves and monitors major projects, IT budgets, priorities, standards, procedures, and overall IT performance.
• Collaborates with vendor and other support teams for problem resolution.
• Communicates with upper-management and internal clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• VLAN, SVLAN, IP subnetting knowledge and understanding.
• Advanced skills in Routing and Switching, IP Telephony, Contact Center, Dial Plan Design, and IP Peer Networking.
• Advanced skills in Firewalls and Load Balancing and WAN accelerators.
• Advanced skills in TCP/IP.
• DNS knowledge.
• Advanced experience in Cloud and virtual environments.
• Exceptional ability to self-resolve and research technical issues.
• Office tool functionality.
• Understands "bleeding-edge" technical trends and apply that to HMS decision making.
• Strong mentoring / training skills.
• Strong project management skills to assist with meeting completion dates and delivery of the desired results.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to learn and become technically proficient with new technologies quickly.
• Ability to communicate technology into business terms with customers at all levels.
• Internal process knowledge (RSL, Change Management, change request, etc.).
• Continues to seek out opportunities to increase internal client satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
• Highly analytical and advanced technical aptitude and troubleshooting/problem-solving skills.
• Customer Service.
• Working knowledge of HIPAA privacy and Security rules.
CTG does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee based recruitment services for this role.
To be considered, please apply directly to this requisition using the link provided. For additional information, please contact Laura Dominguez at 888-284-6551 ext. 2114 . Kindly forward to any other interested parties—thank you!
CTG’s Benefits Plan allows you to select insurance coverage that best suits your lifestyle, and take part in our savings programs and educational plans. We offer Flexible Spending Accounts, a 401(k) Retirement Plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase plan. Our educational plan comprises access to more than 2,000 web-based technical, professional and business development courses.
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) has developed a reputation for responsiveness and reliability - traits that our clients say set us apart - since our founding in 1966. As one team, we create and deliver information and technology solutions that make our clients more successful and cultivate a workplace that attracts and develops the best people. Our vision is to be an indispensable partner to our clients and the preferred career destination for information and technology experts. CTG has operations in North America, South America, Western Europe, and India and regularly posts news and other important information online at www.ctg.com.
Our culture is a direct result of the people who work at CTG, the values we hold, and the actions we take. In other words, our people are the culture. It's a living, breathing thing that is renewed every day through the ways we engage with each other, our clients, and our communities. Part of our mission is to cultivate a workplace that attracts and develops the best people, reflected by our recognition as a Great Place to Work-certified company across many of our global operations.
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. CTG will assure equal opportunity and consideration to all applicants and employees in recruitment, selection, placement, training, benefits, compensation, promotion, transfer, and release of individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, age, disability, marital or veteran status, citizenship status, or any other discriminatory factors as required by law. Our Affirmative Action program serves to promote occupational equality and diversity through good faith efforts. CTG is fully committed to promoting employment opportunities for members of protected classes.