Healthcare Data Analyst - Dallas
January 22, 2021
Healthcare Data Analyst - Dallas
Qlarant is a not-for-profit corporation that partners with public and private sectors to create high quality, safe, and efficient delivery of health care and human services programs. We have multiple lines of business including population health, utilization review, managed care organization quality review, and quality assurance for programs serving individuals with developmental disabilities. Qlarant is also a national leader in fighting fraud, waste and abuse for large organizations across the country. In addition, our Foundation provides grant opportunities to those with programs for under-served communities.
Make a difference in the future of our nation's healthcare programs! Qlarant's UPIC SW team has an exceptional opportunity for a Data Analyst with strong SAS programming skills. You will join a team of experienced data analytics professionals supporting our efforts to detect and investigate fraud, waste and abuse in the Medicare and Medicaid programs.
Job Summary: Mid-level professional who performs study design, data analysis, and report preparation. Studies originate from preliminary data analysis (trends), literature review, experience and expertise of the team, and mandated projects. Data analysis, including data preparation and presentation of findings is performed in conjunction with other analysts. Reports are drafted by teams with leadership of data Scientists. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Trend data to identify potential opportunities (e.g., variances, significant outliers, percentile ranked groups) for quality improvement or focused investigations.
• Design data analysis strategies to identify potential areas for quality improvement or focused investigation.
• Develop epidemiological sound indicators of the quality of care.
• Analyst data and summarize into quality indicator values
• Identify external benchmarks of care for comparative purposes.
• Develop tabular and graphical presentations of data which clearly and concisely illustrate current levels of care.
• Write draft reports which clearly and concisely illustrate current levels or care.
• Contribute to the development of interventions (i.e., develop educational materials for doctors and nurses) which will improve healthcare processes and outcomes.
• Design re-measurement strategies (after intervention) of healthcare processes and outcomes to effectively quantify impact of interventions for improvement.
• Analyze re-measurement data and summarize into quality indicator values.
• Develop reports concerning all of the above.
• Mentor junior Data Analysts in all technical aspects of their work.
• Prepare draft manuscripts for publishing in peer reviewed journals.
• Has developed expertise with standard concepts, practice and procedures in field. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Performs a variety of tasks some requiring independent thought and research. A degree of creativity and latitude is required.
• Language Skills
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical and professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Mathematical Skills
• Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
• Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
• Reasoning Ability
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Other Skills and Abilities
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should have fluency in SAS or other statistical programming software and MS Office.
• Ability to work independently and in teams. Must possess strong analytical skills with an understanding of the principles of epidemiology and biostatistics.
• Ability to work with highly sensitive information while preserving the confidentiality of the information.
• Working knowledge of healthcare systems, Medicare/Medicaid, preferred, healthcare databases and coding systems.
• Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) required, Master's preferred, in Statistics, Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Public Health or related discipline (e.g., Economics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science
• Data Analyst III : Minimum of 2 years of hands-on SAS or other statistical programming work experience, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience with at least one year of experience with health related analytic research and quality improvement methodology (ISO, CQI, TQM, Six Sigma, Lean, etc.) preferred. Master's degree can be substituted for 2 years of experience.
• Data Analyst IV : Minimum of 4 years of hands-on SAS or other statistical programming work experience, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience with at least one year of experience with health related analytic research and quality improvement methodology (ISO, CQI, TQM, Six Sigma, Lean, etc.) preferred. Master's degree can be substituted for 2 years of experience.
Qlarant, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.