Business Office Float
January 22, 2021
Under the direction of the Business Office Coordinator & Administrator, is responsible for covering any aspect of the business office necessary. Many duties includes scheduling, insurance verification, collections, patient calls and chart building.
Successful candidate will possess outstanding multi tasking abilities, communication and teamwork as well as the ability to keep up in a fast paced working environment. The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate previous successful/positive customer service encounters or programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Verifies insurance prior to patient's arrival, to include "Add Ons and Direct Admits"
• Obtains pre-certification from insurance companies for procedures that require pre-certification.
• Requests office notes from referring physician if needed for Authorization.
• Calculating and informing patients of amount due
• Communicating with the physician offices
• Ensures all required forms are placed in designated areas of the patients chart
• Daily preparation of charts for next day's surgeries within required deadline (NO LESS than 3 days prior to surgery, for all cases scheduled four days or more in advance of surgery date)
• Labeling necessary documents and adding physician orders
• Out-bound collection calls to patients regarding their medical invoice/bill & answering questions.
• Utilization of various collection strategies and methodologies to contact consumers in order to negotiate payment in full or payment arrangements on debt within federal, state and client collection guidelines and laws.
• Knowledge of health care financing and medical collections preferred.
• Other duties as assigned
Our competitive salary and benefits package includes medical and dental insurance, 401(k), paid time off and life insurance.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- 1-2 years of ASC, hospital or medical office experience preferred.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and non-verbally in a professional way.
- Ability to use time wisely in preparing work area to meet high-paced demand.
- Show a genuine desire to work and improve the surgery center as a whole.
- Extreme multi- tasker
- Strong medical terminology.
- Must demonstrate excellent phone etiquette and exceptional customer service skills.
Garland, Texas, United States
Baylor Surgicare at Garland (10807)