January 6, 2021
Owensboro, KY 42303
Responded to 51-74% of applications in the past 30 days, typically within 10 days.
From $8.75 an hour
Number of hires for this role
2 to 4
• • Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
Full Job Description Mission Contribution: Under the leadership of the Store Manager, the Cashier will assist in the day-to-day store operations. It is the responsibility of the Cashier to ensure the efficient and cost effective operation and stewardship of the Goodwill store to fund the development and placement of persons served.
Organizational Design: The Cashier is a part-time, hourly position. The Cashier is a member of the Retail Operations team and obtains payment for merchandise by accurately itemizing and totaling customer purchases.
• Ability to use a computer based register system.
• Must be able to perform basic financial calculations for cash handling, and register balancing.
· Provide excellent customer service by greeting customers and providing assistance with basic questions about store operations and/or merchandise.
• Ability to meet production standards for stemming, hanging, pricing, sorting, stocking, and pulling.
• Responsible for training and developing team members within the framework of Goodwill policies, procedures and job descriptions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Must have punctual and dependable attendance.
• Demonstrates professionalism at all times and presents a friendly, cooperative attitude to general public and associates at all times.
• Help load and unload store merchandise as needed.
• Sort and price donations according to agency guidelines.
• Assist in store security.
• Notify the Store Management team of low and overstocked items.
• Perform necessary janitorial work as needed.
• Adherence to all Goodwill policies and procedures regarding sales, exchanges, cash handling, and safety.
• Responsible for performing assigned duties within the framework of our Guiding Principles.
• Ensure customer and donor experience is positive.
• Ensure the proper handling and processing of incoming donations in and out of the store in accordance with Goodwill policies and procedures including the use of a pallet jack.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
· High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
· Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
· Must be able to pass skills and knowledge assessment testing.
· Pass drug test and criminal background check.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment: The physical demands/work environment conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical requirements include the ability to twist, bend, squat, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, push and pull. The employee must be able to lift up to 40 pounds and team lift or use equipment to aid in the lifting and movement of items over 40 pounds (common items include, but are not limited to, bags of clothes/miscellaneous items, televisions, computers, sofas, kitchen appliances, bicycles and bedroom sets).
Working environment is indoors with occasional exposure to outside temperatures, and will work around occupational allergens, both air and contact, including but not limited to, dust, animal hair and dander, perfumes, and mold. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Balanced Scorecard/Key Performance Indicators:
• Cash Handling
• Transaction Value
• Customer Experience
• Safety Culture
• Loss Prevention Culture
• Data Collection
• Training & Development
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $8.75 per hour
• Employee discount
• Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
• One location
Hours per week: