January 11, 2021
Responsible for the registration of all patients accessing services with emphasis on patient access/satisfaction, insurance/demographic verification and accuracy, scheduling, assisting and escorting patients, and point of service collection, while maintaining confidentiality, professionalism and ethics. Assists the nursing staff by performing assigned duties.
• Contributes to the assessment of patients by collecting data for review by a nurse.
• Performs electrocardiograms (EKGs) and submits results for interpretation according to established policies and procedures.
• Performs venipuncture on patients of all age groups and other specimen collection with proper therapeutic skills according to procedures.
• Assists nursing staff to identify physical, psychosocial, age-specific, and cultural considerations of each patient.
• Reports abnormal assessment findings or changes in physical, mental, and emotional conditions to nursing staff.
• Assists with keeping patient rooms stocked, clean, and orderly.
• May be required to complete order entry and maintain accurate documentation in a timely manner.
• Demonstrates flexibility in staffing to meet needs of unit and hospital; accepts assignments to work in other areas as needed.
• High school diploma, General Equivalency Diploma (GED) or higher required upon hire
• A minimum of 6 months' experience in direct patient care setting required
• BLS - Certified as a Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider required within 90 days of employment in this position AND
• EMT or SRNA - Certified Emergency Medical Technician or certified as State Registered Nurse Assistant in the state of Kentucky preferred; required in lieu of experience requirement
Skills and Attributes
• Requires critical thinking skills and decisive judgment.
• Works under minimal supervision.
• Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
• Standing: Frequently
• Walking: Frequently
• Sitting: Occasionally
• Lifting 0-25 lbs: Frequently
• Lifting 25-75 lbs: Rarely
• Lifting over 75 lbs: Rarely
• Carrying 0-25 lbs: Frequently
• Carrying 25-75 lbs: Rarely
• Carrying over 75 lbs: Rarely
• Pushing/Pulling 0-25 lbs: Frequently
• Pushing/Pulling 25-75 lbs: Frequently
• Pushing/Pulling over 75 lbs: Frequently
• Climbing: Occasionally
• Bending/Stooping: Frequently
• Kneeling: Occasionally
• Crouching/Crawling: Occasionally
• Reaching: Frequently
• Talking: Frequently
• Hearing: Frequently
• Repetitive Foot/Leg Movements: Rarely
• Repetitive Hand/Arm Movements: Frequently
• Keyboard Data Entry: Frequently
• Running: Occasionally
• Vision: Depth Perception: Frequently
• Vision: Distinguish Color: Frequently
• Vision: Seeing Far: Frequently
• Vision: Seeing Near: Frequently
Owensboro Health Core Commitments
INTEGRITY - We conduct ourselves with a high level of responsibility, reliability and honesty because we take seriously the trust of our patients and coworkers.
RESPECT - We value and accept the unique talents and contributions of every patient, customer and team member in the Owensboro Health community.
TEAMWORK - We build a spirit of connectivity and fellowship by striving together to overcome obstacles, surpass goals, celebrate accomplishments and plan the future.
INNOVATION - We foster original ideas and creative solutions that improve our daily work and promote the mission of Owensboro Health.
SERVICE - We focus on service to patients, customers and team members by anticipating their needs, thoughtfully meeting those needs and continually improving the quality of everything we do.
EXCELLENCE - We reach beyond basic expectations to expand our knowledge and awareness, produce exceptional work and provide outstanding service.