January 1, 2021
A leader in technology and innovation, Southwire Company, LLC is one of North America’s largest wire and cable producers. Southwire and its subsidiaries manufacture building wire and cable, metal-clad cable, portable and electronic cord products, OEM wire products and engineered products. In addition, Southwire supplies assembled products, contractor equipment and hand tools. We are proud to offer competitive compensation, employee benefits, tuition reimbursement, and unlimited growth opportunities. Our nearly seven decades of progressive growth can be attributed to our determination to developing innovative systems and solutions, exercising environmental stewardship and enhancing the wellbeing of our communities. How will you power what’s possible?
Location: Hawesville, NC
Shift: Floating (Days, Nights, Weekdays, and Weekends)
Compensation: $21.51 - $22.34
Forklift Operator - Hawesville, KY
Moves product from production areas to the warehouse. Enters cable into inventory and completes packaging. Maintains warehouse organization and housekeeping.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Moves product to scales, completes product packaging, enters package weights and other information into the computer for transaction into inventory if required.
• Moves cable and/ or rod coils to proper disposition areas in the warehouse and scans into area for inventory control.
• Checks product for possible non-conformance pertaining to packaging and damage, and reports any problems to Supervisor.
• Completes a rework tag on non-conformance product if already entered inventory and then places product in assigned non-conformance areas.
• Organizes warehouse to maintain order and prevent damage.
• Performs weekly inventory of assigned packaging supplies.
• Works on reel lagging.
• Inspects all equipment used to ensure safe operation and prevent product damage.
• Reports all incidents related to damaged property and safety.
• Checks hold and kick out areas a minimum of once per shift. Moves any disposition material to proper locations.
• Keep scales area and warehouse areas in a clean and safe manner.
Occasional Work Requirements:
• Cleans general plant, including sweeper operation.
• Assists Shipping Clerks as time allows, or as directed.
• Performs other duties as assigned when required.
• Wears all required safety equipment.
• Reports all safety violations and hazards to Supervisor and/ or Manager.
• Works in a safe manner to prevent accidents.
• Never operates equipment that is not working properly or has safety features missing. Always reports defective or improperly operating equipment.
Tools and Equipment:
Aluminum rod and/ or cable products
Source of Supervision: Department Supervisors.
Direction Exercised: None
Skills and Abilities Required:
Communicates effectively. Works effectively as a team member. Ability to operate a forklift and other mobile equipment. Ability to lift and push material and packaging required by warehouse task.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Additional technical education or training is preferred.
Experience: Material handling or other relatable experience and previous forklift operation is preferred.
Southwire is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.