OTR CDL A Truck driver Heavy Haul & Specialized 2 weekends home
January 7, 2021
About the job
As an Owner-Operator running under our authority you'll have the "power" to run what you want, when you want. We haul oversized and specialized freight nationwide and into Canada. We provide the trailers, you provide your flatbed/oversized experience and fully-equipped truck able to haul our type of freight. You'll average over $200,000+ gross annually and receive 65% of 100% of the load revenue, 65% of all accessorials, and 100% fuel surcharge.
Your truck will need to meet the following requirements: <250" wheelbase, <46" 5th wheel height, <22,500# gross weight when fully equipped, brakes/tires must be at least 50%, pass DOT inspection, working air dryer, able to install Qualcomm unit, no broken glass, must have headache rack/cab guard, OD signs, flags, & beacons installed.
• $3,000 total average weekly pay
• 1,000 - 2,000 average miles per week
• Contract driver (1099, solo)
• Flatbed and Heavy Haul & Specialized
• Flatbed (25% tarping)
• 6 - 10 days out
• Get 2 days of home time for every 7 days worked
• Home at least 2 weekends per month
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and 401K with company match
• Paid holidays
After 60 days of service
• Paid vacation
1 paid week after 6 months of service, additional 1 paid week after 1 year of service
Core responsibilities include, but are not limited to
• Submitting customer paperwork and deposits including invoices, load orders, and handheld reports.
• Being available for work at all times in order to meet customer pickup and delivery schedules.
• Maintaining a clean, sanitary, and safe work area.
• Inspection of vehicle, equipment, and cargo to ensure everything is safe, legal, and secure.
• Daily customer interactions and maintaining good customer relations.
• Loading and unloading cargo while operating cargo handling equipment.
• At least 22 years old
• Class A license without any of the following restrictions: Air brakes (L,Z), Night driving (G), No semi trailer (O) or Intrastate only (K)
• 12 months Flatbed experience in the last 3 years
• Experience must be with a 48 ft trailer minimum
• Must be able to pass urine drug test
• Must be eligible to work in the US
• Must have basic English proficiency
• Must have a valid DOT medical card