Retail Sales Associate
January 9, 2021
Auto req ID 89138BR
Posting Title Retail Sales Associate
Address 1 5079 FREDERICA STREET
City OWENSBORO, KY, United States
Job Description Our Associates (part-time) support the leadership team through operational execution and delivery of a rewarding customer experience. Our Associates (part-time) are part of a retail team of high ‐ achievers, who have a passion for excellence, continuous improvement and obsess about getting things done. They are expected to embrace our Mission Statement and Success Drivers for the Associate (part-time) position and demonstrate Harbor Freight Tool's Core Principles.
• Consistently exhibit expected behaviors to exceed financial goals
• Participate in company programs
• Participate in special events
Operational Execution • Proficient in all assigned areas of responsibility
• Accurate and timely completion of workload
• Adhere to all company policies and procedures
Talent Optimization • Exhibit job proficiency and expected behaviors
• Contribute to a team atmosphere
Customer Experience • Provide a helpful customer experience
• Ensure items are in-stock
• Ensure items are priced right
• Maintain a safe, clean, and organized retail store
Action Oriented • Is action oriented and full of energy for the things they see as challenging
• Enjoys working hard
• Shows initiative
Composure • Is calm and professional under pressure
• Does not become defensive or irritated
Customer Focus • Acts with internal and external customers in mind
• Understands how operational execution directly affects the customer experience
• Establishes and maintains relationships with customers and associates through respectful and effective communication.
• Adherence to Injury Illness Prevention Program
• Assist in execution of Physical Inventory Standard Operating Procedure
Talent Optimization • Commitment to continued learning and self-development
• Drive and support teamwork
Operational Execution • Daily Download review
Customer Experience • Meet Customer Experience expectations • Friendly
• Execution of store recovery standards
• Execution of daily cleaning checklist
Primary Duties • Participate in: • Name Collection
• Extended Service Plan Program
• Inside Track Club Program
• Efficient processing of point of sale transactions
• Act as witness for till, safe, and deposit counts
• Other duties as assigned
Additional Duties • Execution of: • Planograms
• Display Planner
• Execution in accordance with Standard Operating Procedure: • Floor First Receiving
• Cycle Counts
• Retail or Customer Service experience preferred
• High School graduate/Equivalent preferred
Physical Requirements • Ability to communicate with customers and associates in person and via e-mail and telephone.
• Ability to intermittently lift, push and/or pull up to 50 pounds.
• Requires standing and moving for an entire shift. Ability to lift, bend, kneel, climb, crawl and/or twist. Ability to safely climb up and down a ladder.
• Ability to become forklift certified and physically able to operate a forklift in accordance with IIPP.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, holidays, overnights and weekends as necessary to meet the needs of the retail business.
• Regular attendance is an essential function of the job.
About Harbor Freight Tools We're a 40 year-old, $4 billion national tool retailer with the energy, enthusiasm and growth potential of a start-up. We have over 950 stores in 48 states across the country and are opening a new location every week. We offer our customers more than 5,000 tools and accessories, from hand tools and generators to air and power tools, from shop equipment to automotive tools. We provide our customers with the right tool for the right job at the right price, always delivering quality and value.
Position Type Part Time