Quality Assurance 2nd Shift
January 11, 2021
• Owensboro, KY, USA
• Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K matching, Life Insurance, Holiday Pay, Paid Time Off.
Email Me Similar Jobs Email Me This Job
Quality Assurance Technician 2nd Shift
Specialty Foods Group, LLC Owensboro, KY
Specialty Foods Group, makers of the "Kentucky Legend ham, and part of Indiana Packers Corporation is accepting applications for an experienced Quality Assurance Technician . Specialty Foods Group (SFG) is a leading producer of premium-branded and private label processed meat products in the United States. Our diverse products, including hams, turkey, hot dogs, bacon, and lunch meats are beloved by millions of families across the country. SFG was recently voted the "Kentucky Manufacturer of the year for 2020"!
In October of 2018, Specialty Food Groups was acquired by Indiana Packers Corporation (IPC) which greatly expanded the market presence. IPC, based out of Delphi, Indiana is a fully integrated retail, foodservice and private label producer of fresh and processed meats company. Since the start of operations in 1991, IPC has experienced rapid growth from a single pork processing company into a multi-plant diversified producer of fresh and processed meats, with locations throughout America's Heartland. Employing more than 3,100 hundred team members, IPC has processing facilities in Frankfort, Indiana, Holland, Michigan, as well as the Owensboro, Kentucky facility. With more than $1.5B in annual sales, we're a big company with a small company culture.
We have an immediate opening for a Quality Assurance Technician . This Full-Time (40 hours a week) position will include duties that range from food safety verifications to process capability studies. This chosen candidate must be committed to completing tasks on time and working overtime as be needed to reach goals. Individuals must be able to assure pertinent, accurate and timely collection of data from all processes in the plant to aid operations in decision making, as well as, be continuously striving for improvement.
• Communicate and document process and product requirements, including development and maintenance work of instructions and finished product specifications.
• Provide quality related training to co-workers and production personnel.
• Perform job specific work instructions, updates procedures and forms according to document control policies.
• Perform product and process audits, report status and monitor through resolution.
• Maintain equipment and in sanitary manner and in accordance with applicable guidelines.
• Assure label approvals, verifications, and compliance.
• Assure communication, resolution and documentation of process and procedural deviations in a timely manner.
• Assure compliance with regulatory requirements and plant policies, including HACCP related activities, GMP and SSOP's.
• Perform product attribute and sensory evaluations according to finished product specifications.
• Monitor and resolve product and process deviations related to SSOP's, NR's, Product Complaints, and Non-conforming product
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
• Associates Degree in related field plus two (2) years' related experience, or
• Four (4) years' experience in related field
• Demonstrated strong attention to detail
• Demonstrated objectivity and openness to others' views, receiving and providing feedback in a positive manner.
• Demonstrated contribution to building a positive team spirit and putting the success of the team above own interests.
• Must be able to pass E-Verify
EOE, including Disability/Veteran
If you require reasonable accommodation in the application process, call SFG Human Resources. All other applications must be submitted onlin e.
Indiana Packers Corporation https://indianapackerscorp.applicantpool.com