Help Desk Technician-Information Technology
January 11, 2021
• Owensboro, KY, USA
• Full Time
401K w/ Company Match, Insurance (Medical,Dental,Life,Vision) STD, LTD, Tuition Reimbursement
Email Me Similar Jobs Email Me This Job
IT Help Desk Technician
Specialty Foods Group, LLC Owensboro, KY
Located on the Ohio River in downtown Owensboro, Kentucky, Specialty Food Groups (SFG) has been a staple in the community for over 100 years. Operations at SFG began in 1914 and has since increased its employees to over 700 people. With the manufacturing of such brands as Kentucky Legend, Kentucky Gold, Fisher's and Fields, Specialty Foods Group has become a household and holiday name.
In October of 2018, Specialty Food Groups was acquired by Indiana Packers Corporation (IPC) which greatly expanded the market presence. IPC, based out of Delphi, Indiana is a fully integrated retail, foodservice and private label producer of fresh and processed meats company. Since the start of operations in 1991, IPC has experienced rapid growth from a single pork processing company into a multi-plant diversified producer of fresh and processed meats, with locations throughout America's Heartland. Employing more than 3,100 hundred team members, IPC has processing facilities in Frankfort, Indiana, Holland, Michigan, as well as the Owensboro, Kentucky facility. With more than $1.5B in annual sales, we're a big company with a small company culture.
We employ a diverse, innovative, and passionate group of team members in a challenging and collaborative environment. Together, this combination supplies a tremendous amount of creative energy and different viewpoints to the organization. Our group values the concept of teamwork but embrace the skills, knowledge, and experience that each individual team member possesses. We reward our team members with compensation and benefits above the competition, including a generous tuition reimbursement program (Benefits for full-time employment). It is easy to see how high we regard our team members. Are you ready to be part of something great?
We have an Immediate need for an on-site HELP DESK TECHNICIAN. As a Help Desk Technician, you will respond to queries on the phone, via email, in person, or through remote access. Offering technical assistance on the delivery, configuration, set up, maintenance, and troubleshooting of computer systems, hardware, and software and training computer users.
• Minimum of Associate Degree required in a computer-related field, or 2-5 years' experience in a multi-site manufacturing or service-based organization.
• Understanding of Windows Operating Systems (desktop, server), as well as various mobile operating systems (iOS and Android).
• In-depth user knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Outlook.
• Understanding of ITSM systems and ITIL processes. ITIL Service Management knowledge preferred.
• Working knowledge of basic networking concepts.
• Answers, evaluates, and prioritizes incoming telephone, voice mail, e-mail, and in-person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer-related technologies.
• Interviews user to collect information about problem and leads user through diagnostic procedures to determine source of error.
• Handles problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up for routine user problems, referring more complex problems to next tier level support.
• Logs and tracks calls using problem management database and maintains history records and related problem documentation.
• Creates and maintains PC and Laptop software images.
• Works with IT staff to learn new software/hardware.
• Works with IT staff to release version upgrades to the end users.
• Installs personal computers, software, and peripheral equipment.
• Provide Support for remote locations and employees.
• Perform training and guidance to employees in the use of new equipment and software.
Must be able to pass E-Verify
EOE, including Disability/Veteran
Indiana Packers Corporation https://indianapackerscorp.applicantpool.com