January 10, 2021
Sterett Crane and Rigging
Owensboro, KY 42301
$20 - $25 an hour
Sterett Crane and Rigging has dedicated the past 60 years to providing quality service, personnel and equipment to the Midwest Region. Committed to customer satisfaction, we strive to deliver an efficient and professional service experience to our customers. Born out of a family-owned construction company started in 1949, we have grown into an industry-leader serving greater than a 300-mile radius from our home office located in Owensboro, Kentucky. With state-of-the-art equipment and a highly trained workforce, we have created an impeccable reputation for professionalism, quality service and safety.
A Crane Technician is an entry-level position. At minimum, their job is to efficiently troubleshoot, service and inspect Sterett’s crane equipment. The Crane Technician usually works under direct supervision and expected to work long hours with frequent standing and moving. Possible exposure to extreme heat or cold external temperatures, and subject to working weekends and holidays. The main focus of this position is to service cranes and aerial equipment. Use and working knowledge of laptop and or tablet is required, both to diagnose issues and get work order information as well as clocking in and out daily. Overnight travel will be required.
• Repair and inspect cranes and other lifting equipment to ensure equipment is compliant with manufacturers, OSHA and other standards;
• Communication between customers, Sterett management, and other technicians related to schedules, evaluations and repairs;
• Perform scheduled preventive maintenance activities on equipment;
• Evaluate and make recommendations regarding required repairs;
• Coordinate with Parts department for ordering of needed parts and communicate the time frame needed to receive parts;
• Complete all required training as determined by Management;
• Complete all work orders completely on a daily basis;
• Be at work when scheduled, presenting a positive attitude and willingness to assist other employees.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
• Must possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record;
• Possess a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent;
• 2 – 5 years of industrial crane applications;
• Must be able to pass a drug test, background check, and fit for duty test.
• Prefer candidates with a minimum of a technical college degree;
• Prefer candidates with the ability to work independently and as part of a team;
• Prefer candidates with proficient oral and written communication skills, technical skills, and functional skills.
The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requires employers to identify essential functions of a role. As a result, this job requires the employee to sit, climb, stand, push/pull, kneel, twist and bend in a varied environment and to lift and/or move up to 70 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the tasks.
The employee may be required to wear appropriate PPE equipment. The employee could occasionally be exposed to extreme temperatures, fumes, or airborne particles. The noise level in the workplace is moderate. Some travel is required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $25.00 per hour
• Dental insurance
• Health insurance
• Paid time off
• Vision insurance
• Monday to Friday
• On the road
• Mechanic experience
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
• Waiting period may apply
• Only full-time employees eligible