January 6, 2021
Posted: 3 Days ago
Lewisport, Kentucky, US
Overview / Job Summary Commonwealth Rolled Products is a leading manufacturer of Aluminum rolled products for the Automotive, Commercial, and Industrial markets. The Company operates its production facility in Lewisport, KY with the support of an Automotive Innovation Center for R&D, Sales and Field Service in Madison Heights (DET), and Inside Sales in the Cleveland, OH area.
Our production facility is seeking to add a talented Production Operator to our team. The purpose of this role is to safely, efficiently and effectively contribute to the overall operating process and provide quality product to our customers
• Work in a safe manner in compliance with all Commonwealth Rolled Products safety and environmental requirements, policies, and regulatory statutes.
• Notify appropriate personnel of irregularities in operating equipment or materials; maintain clean and orderly conditions in work area.
• Carry out various operations in the performance of any assignment
• Operate a variety of mobile equipment including, but not limited to; forklift, skid steer, overhead crane.
• Meet with co-workers, supervisors, engineers and managers to ensure that the results of their activities meet corporate standards and the expectations of consumers.
• Troubleshoot problems as they arise using lean systems (A3 thinking, continuous improvement, root cause analysis).
• Perform various and/or repetitive tasks in one or more departments as assigned.
• Assist others to provide an organized and clean workplace including assigned areas of the plant, workstations, equipment, walkways and locker rooms.
• Possess strong organizational skills, a positive attitude and the ability to work well as a team.
• Other duties as assigned
• High school diploma or equivalent is required.
• Ability to self-start yet take orders as directed.
• Good reading and comprehension skills.
• Cumulative score of 12 or higher on the Reading for Information, Applied Mathematics, and Locating Information sections of the Work Keys test. Test must be taken prior to interviewing.
• Cumulative score of 70% or higher on employer testing geared towards evaluating problem-solving skills used by the automotive industry.
• Must be available to work all shifts either on a rotational or straight shift assignment.
• Must have the ability to work overtime, weekends, and holidays.
• Must be able to lift up to 35lbs.
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check, physical, and drug screen.
• Must be capable and willing to train in other job classifications.
• Must be flexible as job focus and assignments may change frequently based on operational needs.
• Forklift certification from a previous company and/or state agency.
• Strong desire to be a part of a high growth company with a fast-paced, results-orientated culture.
• Two years’ experience working in a manufacturing or industrial setting.
Commonwealth Rolled Products is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Our HR teams will reach out to the applicants who met the qualifications and most closely aligned with requirements of the positions.