Quality Manager - National, KY
January 9, 2021
Pay Type Salaried State: KY City: Fordsville Shift: Day Shift Area of Interest: Quality/Continuous Improvement Full-Time or Part-Time: Full-time Exempt or Non-Exempt: Exempt Requisition Number 21-015 Brand National Brand Information
Recognized for our dedication to employee safety and wellness, innovative product design and execution, and delivering solutions to our customer, National Office Furniture offers fulfilling careers in a wide variety of capacities. From our corporate headquarters to our manufacturing facilities and showrooms located around the United States, our award-winning practices have earned us distinction in product design, employee wellness, safety, environmental standards, and more.
When you join our team, you become a part of a family that works together to achieve success. We have established ourselves in the industry as a company of dedicated employees that take pride in making a difference. We embrace diversity, celebrate personality, and empower employees so that we can all succeed together.
Quality, reliability, safety, style, sustainability, productivity, and affordability aren't concepts that are taken lightly at National. We are dedicated to delivering each of these to our customers and partners.
We believe in continuous improvement as the process by which we provide our customers with consistent high-value, high-quality products and services to meet their ever-changing needs. In our commitment to excellence, satisfaction is not enough. Our goal is customer and employee loyalty. The Quality Manager role is instrumental in supporting these strategies by maintaining and improving the quality system.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Overall responsibility for assuring that all customer requirements and specifications are met on all
products and services.
· Responsible for the maintenance of our Quality System.
· Coordinate Quality System Management Review meetings.
· Develop and implement key tactics to achieve targeted performance measurement goals in support of our Business Plan.
· Provide performance feedback and strategy for development of staff.
· Support our Quality Policy.
· Develop long-term strategic plans for respective areas of responsibility.
· Coordinate, launch, and implement continuous improvement activities for our business unit.
· Support the Vision and Guiding Principles and Corporate goals of Kimball International.
· Support safety and environmental efforts to better serve our employees and community.
· Proven history or ability to demonstrate safe / responsible behavior, and a positive performance record (including attendance).
· Coordinate the internal audit activity and Corrective Action Process at site.
· Oversee the Quality Planning with new product introductions.
· Support our Environmental Management System (EMS).
BS degree preferred.
ASQ certification a plus.
Manufacturing management experience desired.
Previous quality manufacturing experience preferred.
EEO Statement Kimball International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. VISA Sponsorship Kimball International, Inc. will not sponsor applicants for this position for employment/work visa status (e.g.. H-1B)