January 8, 2021
Read what people are saying about working here.
Under supervision from a supervisor or manager , the Warehouse Clerk provides clerical support as it pertains to the warehouse, transportation, inventory, or general offices and ensures that clerical functions are completed timely and accurately. Personnel in these groups may have varying degrees of customer contact levels.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Experience as a clerk in a warehouse / distribution environment, performing duties such as transportation coordination, inventory, shipping / receiving, coordinating with various carriers, vendor and customers strongly preferred
• Ability to make quick, reliable decisions that represent both the customer and Ryder
• Strong written, organizational, and verbal communication skills
• Intermediate knowledge of MS Office products (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
• Knowledge of WMS systems preferred
• Experience operating forklift equipment preferred
• Equipment certification may be required
• Performs adminstrative tasks for area or shift. Maintains filing systems and documents per SOP
• Generates daily, weekly, or monthly reports, memos, and summaries often of a technical and/or confidential nature
• Coordinates activities with clerks from other areas, the customers, and providers
• Recognize, resolve, and correct discrepancies pertaining to the warehouse, transportation, and inventory
• Gather from and provide information to employees pertaining to area of support
• Using the location's Warehouse Management System (WMS), update area or shift metrics as needed
• Depending on location, employee may be required to operate equipment and may be required to be equipment certified
• Additional duties as assigned, overtime as needed
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.