Database Marketing Manager
January 8, 2021
Database Marketing Manager
$90,000 a year
Read what people are saying about working here.
Job Posting: Database Marketing Manager
Reports to: Vice President of Marketing
Pledge for Success:
We are dedicated in hiring outstanding individuals who share in our commitment and passion in serving our guests. Ambition, dedication, attention to detail, and a warm smile are all winning characteristics that lead to the spirit of who we are.
The incumbent in this position has overall responsibility and accountability for the following functional areas; Database Marketing, Direct Marketing, Email Marketing, and Customer Relationship Management (CRM). This position oversees the development and execution of multi-channel campaigns based on criteria available in the customer database. Responsible for the full life-cycle of ad hoc and reoccurring campaigns for existing customers in order to maximize market share and patron profitability. Develops and monitors the efficient and effective workflow for campaign design, development, testing, implementation, and post-analysis.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Promotes superior guest service.
• Determines the most cost efficient and effective channels to communicate offers to ilani patrons.
• Oversees the day-to-day operations of the Database Marketing Department.
• Manages an annual capital and operational budget for their respective cost center to a specified variance threshold.
• Facilitates the creation and measurement of performance metrics to objectively measuring the performance of areas of responsibility.
• Establishes goals and objectives for areas of responsibility that are in alignment with department, division and corporate strategic objectives and develops action plans to attain these goals and objectives.
• Ensures skill-centers under their direct control are staffed and trained appropriately to meet department and business needs.
• Ensures proper manual or automated controls are in place to safeguard information and financial assets.
• Ensures internal resource, external resources and processes under his/her supervision comply with necessary regulations.
• Evaluates areas of responsibility for continuous improvement opportunities and develops plans to implement process improvements.
• Supervises the daily activities of employees, provides performance feedback both formally and informally, enforce policies and procedures.
• Supervises and maintains the installation, configuration, and support of the organization's CRM software through best practices and management of a technical team.
• Applies proven communication and problem-solving skills to guide and assist the user group on issues related to the design, development, and deployment of CRM software critical to business operations.
• Performs or supervises appropriate quality assurance audits to ensure internal processes and vendors are meeting required standards and to safeguard against potential fraud.
• Develops a comprehensive data strategy to prioritize the integration of data elements from internal and external sources to meet the short and long-term demands of the CRM organization and other internal constituencies.
• Creates and manages reoccurring customer contact campaigns and integrates post-campaign analysis in order to determine effectiveness and areas of improvement.
• Develops and monitors the efficient and effective workflow for campaign design, development, testing, implementation, and post-analysis.
• Aids in the identification, selection and implementation of automation tools to extract maximum value from the customer database.
• Develops a cadence and frequency program for identified customer segments that utilizes appropriate channels based on such factors as cost, effectiveness, and lead-time.
• Manages external vendor relationships for those processes that have been outsourced.
• Serves as project sponsor or champion for system acquisition projects in his/her area of responsibility.
• Responsible for achieving or exceeding goals and objectives for new system acquisitions in his/her area of responsibility.
• Utilizes data from internal and external sources to identify and exploit new market segments or niches based on established marketing criteria.
• Assists Vice President of Marketing with the development of a marketing strategy.
• Must possess excellent inter-personal skills with an ability to foster a supportive and enabling team environment.
• Has the ability to extend complementary services in accordance with the approved comp matrix.
• Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Economics, Management Information Systems (MIS) or Computer Science and/or five (5) years of progressive Marketing and/or Information Technology experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Alignment of financial and human resources to meet strategic marketing objectives.
• Financial analysis skills to evaluate campaign proforma/postforma.
• Excellent written and oral communications.
• Intermediate to advance skills with SQL and one or more industry standard campaign management and marketing automation software packages.
• Intermediate to advance skills with Casino and Slot Management Systems (i.e. ACSC/SDS).
• Travel may be required for this position.
• Must be able to work various shifts and flexible hours including nights, holidays, and weekends.
• Must be willing to work in a smoking environment.
• Must be willing to adhere to company health and safety measures (wear a face mask, other appropriate PPE, social distance).
• Previous experience preferred as a manager/supervisor of a functional area with multiple FTEs in one or more of the following disciplines: Database Marketing, Direct Marketing, Email Marketing, Business Intelligence, Customer Intelligence or Data Warehouse/Analysis. Objective measurement of individuals, teams, and processes to improve organizational performance.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 per year
• 401(k) matching
• Dental insurance
• Employee assistance program
• Employee discount
• Flexible spending account
• Health insurance
• Paid time off
• Professional development assistance
• Referral program
• Tuition reimbursement
• Vision insurance
• 8 hour shift
• Bachelor's (Preferred)
• Marketing: 5 years (Preferred)
• ACSC or SDS: 1 year (Preferred)
• One location
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
• Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
• Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
• Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
• People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
• Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
Company's Facebook page:
• Remote interview process
• Personal protective equipment provided or required
• Temperature screenings
• Social distancing guidelines in place
• Virtual meetings
• Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place