Field Service Technician, Maryland
January 7, 2021
Responsible for managing a service territory. Provides effective, proficient, and timely service and repairs to all customers in direct support of the sales and service efforts to gain and maintain customer loyalty. Manages service requirements and business for both the EMS and Bed & Stretcher organizations. Grows the service business in the territory through the selling of service parts, billable labor and travel, and coordinating with sales to identify and close service contracts.
Repair equipment according to Stryker Medical specifications and perform all required quality control checks and preventive maintenance in accordance with the products operation manual. Keep inventory accurate by doing service reports on all calls. Ensure all routine company vehicle usage and maintenance is preformed according to company policy. Troubleshoot equipment problems, including fault isolation and diagnosis at account locations to ensure equipment is operating at maximum level and is cosmetically presentable. Ship and receive equipment and supplies. Regular and punctual attendance. Wear standard uniform provided by Stryker Medical each workday. Participate in any and all work assignments as may be deemed suitable and assigned by management. Provide non-clinical technical support on equipment operation to appropriate account personnel. Present the highest level of customer etiquette in support of the sales team and promote increased equipment and service usage by establishing and maintaining effective customer relationships. Must adhere to Service metrics. Must be computer literate. Adhere to proper expense reporting procedures and will be accountable for a territory budget. Ability to write and present contract proposals to customers. Ability to perform product evaluations at the customer's site.
QUALIFICATIONS • Minimum High school diploma or Preferred Applied Science Degree
• A minimum of 1 year experience in equipment repair involving mechanical/electrical skills.
• Must be 21 years of age and have a valid driver's license.
• Successfully complete all designated training programs for this position.
• Ability to work independently, exercise sound judgment, and elicit support and cooperation from coworkers.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in written format.
• Willingness and ability to work extended workweek including nights and weekends.
• Demonstrated ability to present a positive image of Stryker Medical through adherence to account protocol and presentation of professional image in dress, grooming, and behavior at all times when interacting and interfacing with account staff and patients.
• Willingness to follow all safety rules. Must ensure service standardization with the field organization through adherence and enforcement of policies and procedures established by Stryker Medical.
• Requires the ability to lift/carry 75 lbs.
• Job demands include prolonged stooping, kneeling, crouching, bending, sitting, standing and/or crawling as necessary.
• Requires the ability to reach, pull or push in order to accomplish job accountabilities.
• Requires hand grasp ability.
• Requires the coordination of hands and/or eye/hand/foot.
• Meets cognitive demands to include visual discriminatory/memory, auditory discriminatory/memory reading ability, independent decision making and retention of specific knowledge.
Mid Level Employment Type: OTHER