Advanced Network Technician
January 6, 2021
Advanced Network Technician
• Owensboro, KY, United States
• Full-Time Technology
• Job # 554549
• Date posted - 2021-01-07
Apply Share this Job
What you’ll be doing...
Join Verizon as we continue to expand our industry-leading network to improve the ways people, businesses, and things connect. Verizon is positioned to lead the “Fourth Industrial Revolution” (4IR) with the emergence of technologies like our outstanding 5G network and the Internet of Things (IoT) to impact a wide variety of industries such as healthcare, education, manufacturing, public safety, government, and many others. We are in the midst of historic breakthroughs in connectivity and mobility to blend the physical and the digital through ground breaking technologies such as virtual reality, augmented reality, artificial intelligence, autonomous vehicles, nanotechnologies, 3D printing, wearables, and advanced robotics. As part of this team, you will play a meaningful role in our network transformation through building a unified network across all lines of business and maintaining the technology that keeps millions of our customers connected.
You’ll be responsible for the installation, monitoring, testing and maintenance of telecommunications and associated electronic equipment both in technical facilities as well as on customer property. You will be responsible for maintaining the integrity of our fiber optic network to ensure an outstanding customer experience.
• Assembling, installing, testing and turn up of high speed transport equipment such as Ciena 6500, Tellabs 7100, Fujitsu 9500, and other ROADM equipment.
• Installing Cisco routers and Ethernet systems such as Overture and Ciena to provide Ethernet services up to 1 GB.
• Conducting fiber locates, monitoring of construction activity, and working closely with outside plant engineering for planned construction and relocation.
• Performing fiber splicing and termination for new builds and restorations on multiple types of cable.
• Performing maintenance of new and existing circuits through troubleshooting and fault isolation techniques.
• Utilizing various types of test equipment to isolate and resolve customer circuit outages.
• Coordinating test, turn up, and acceptance of customers’ service with all local and remote groups.
Physical requirements of the job may include, but are not limited to: climbing stairs and ladders, working from elevated areas, lifting and carrying objects weighing up to approximately 60 pounds, pushing, grasping, twisting/bending, and crawling, squatting, or kneeling in small spaces.
What we’re looking for...
You’re tech-savvy and proficient in all things telecommunications. Working independently suits you well. You’re also detailed and vigilant—someone people count on to solve problems and to make sure they don’t happen in the first place.
You’ll need to have:
• Bachelor’s degree or one or more years of work experience.
• Valid driver's license.
• Willingness to work on a 24x7 on-call rotation and occasional weekends.
• Ability to perform physical requirements of the job, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
• Equipment knowledge including, but not limited to, transmission equipment manufactured by Nortel, Siemens, Fujitsu, Alcatel, and Ciena.
• Knowledge of SONET ring, DWDM and WDM fiber systems.
• Knowledge of basic Customer Premise Equipment installation and troubleshooting.
Even better if you have:
• A degree.
• Advanced troubleshooting skills to support all transmission levels, DS1 – OC192 including Ethernet.
• Ability to work independently with minimal guidance.
• Four or more years of experience in telecom/wireless industry with recent technology.
• Working knowledge of electronics, electricity and transmission systems turn-up and test procedures, or related discipline, gained through technical training.
• Leadership skills/ability to lead teams and projects.
• Knowledge of Fiber Splice and Cable Prep procedure.
• Knowledge of Fiber MPO/MTU installation and placement (Multi Point Optical Connector/Multi Terminal Unit).
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon,we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best.Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Apply Share this Job
BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS