Physical Therapy Assistant
January 5, 2021
Conducts medically prescribed physical therapy treatment programs under the supervision of a Physical Therapist. Oversees physical therapy aides/technicians in performing treatment.
• Provides physical therapy interventions under a plan of care written by a physical therapist.
• Performs therapy interventions utilizing standard physical therapy techniques and skills as appropriate for the age and condition of the patient.
• Documents treatment interventions given.
• Coordinates activities of physical therapy aides, students, and other support personnel.
• Supervises PTA students completing clinical rotations
• Associate's degree or higher in Physical Therapy Assistant required upon hire
• No experience required
• PTA - Licensed as a Physical Therapy Assistant in the state of Kentucky required upon hire AND
• BLS - Certified as a Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider required within 90 days of employment in this position
Skills and Attributes
• Requires critical thinking skills and decisive judgment.
• Works under minimal supervision.
• Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
• Standing: Frequently
• Walking: Frequently
• Sitting: Occasionally
• Lifting 0-25 lbs: Frequently
• Lifting 25-75 lbs: Rarely
• Lifting over 75 lbs: Rarely
• Carrying 0-25 lbs: Frequently
• Carrying 25-75 lbs: Rarely
• Carrying over 75 lbs: Rarely
• Pushing/Pulling 0-25 lbs: Frequently
• Pushing/Pulling 25-75 lbs: Frequently
• Pushing/Pulling over 75 lbs: Frequently
• Climbing: Occasionally
• Bending/Stooping: Frequently
• Kneeling: Occasionally
• Crouching/Crawling: Occasionally
• Reaching: Frequently
• Talking: Frequently
• Hearing: Frequently
• Repetitive Foot/Leg Movements: Rarely
• Repetitive Hand/Arm Movements: Frequently
• Keyboard Data Entry: Frequently
• Running: Occasionally
• Vision: Depth Perception: Frequently
• Vision: Distinguish Color: Frequently
• Vision: Seeing Far: Frequently
• Vision: Seeing Near: Frequently
Owensboro Health Core Commitments
INTEGRITY - We conduct ourselves with a high level of responsibility, reliability and honesty because we take seriously the trust of our patients and coworkers.
RESPECT - We value and accept the unique talents and contributions of every patient, customer and team member in the Owensboro Health community.
TEAMWORK - We build a spirit of connectivity and fellowship by striving together to overcome obstacles, surpass goals, celebrate accomplishments and plan the future.
INNOVATION - We foster original ideas and creative solutions that improve our daily work and promote the mission of Owensboro Health.
SERVICE - We focus on service to patients, customers and team members by anticipating their needs, thoughtfully meeting those needs and continually improving the quality of everything we do.
EXCELLENCE - We reach beyond basic expectations to expand our knowledge and awareness, produce exceptional work and provide outstanding service.