Supply Chain Planning Manager
January 6, 2021
Supply Chain Planning Manager
Function Supply Chain & Logistics Relocation Available Yes Position Type Full Time
Overview / Job Summary
Commonwealth Rolled Products is a leading manufacturer of Aluminum rolled products for the Automotive, Commercial, and Industrial markets. The Company operates its production facility in Lewisport, KY with the support of an Automotive Innovation Center for R&D, Sales and Field Service in Madison Heights (DET), and Inside Sales in the Cleveland, OH area.
Our production facility is seeking to add a talented Supply Chain Planning Manager to its Supply Chain team. The purpose of this role is to manage the manufacturing and materials planning systems/processes. This role is expected to develop, implement and continuously improve the planning systems and processes to increase resource productivity, reduce costs across the supply chain, maximize customer service and EBITDA. This role is expected to work effectively and closely with sales, operations and purchasing to maintain cohesive operating plans in a dynamic environment.
• Assist the Director of Supply Chain in developing and executing key strategic initiatives within the Supply Chain – including the development of annual operating plans.
• Develop and manage an integrated Manufacturing Planning & Control (MPC) System that provides the business with a competitive advantage by lowering costs and maximizing responsiveness to the market.
• Work closely with Sales & Marketing, support the development and coordination of a sales forecasting process. Monitor and drive forecast accuracy via continuous analysis and reduction in forecast variation and bias.
• Enhance the current Sales, Inventory & Operations Planning (SIOP) process that effectively aligns the company’s strategic plans with its tactical operating plans for all business segments and manufacturing facilities.
• Develop and implement a capacity-based Master Production Schedule (MPS) and Capacity Requirements Plan that is aligned with the SIOP and utilized to drive material planning and facility loading processes.
• Manage and oversee all outsourcing decisions to achieve operating and strategic objectives.
• Working closely with plant management to gain a comprehensive knowledge of process capabilities / capacities and to address tactical operating issues that arise to minimize impact to the SIOP and customer service levels.
• Work with sales, operations and finance in managing customer capacity reserve programs, CIM and other inventory stocking programs, and to optimize the overall mix versus profitability trade-off.
• Champion the pursuit of relentless productivity/process improvements for your areas of accountability. Embrace continuous improvement tools (Six-Sigma, Lean Manufacturing) to support improvement efforts and continuously seek to learn and identify best practices within the supply chain field.
• Stay abreast of, and provide leadership /ownership for, informational and technological systems within your area of accountability. This includes core ERP applications, capacity planning models, and Advanced Planning & Scheduling (APS) application.
• Establish, track and publish a set of key performance metrics that are aligned with business unit strategies and objectives. This would include metrics associated with inventory levels, performance to production plans, forecast accuracy, customer service levels, molten metals costs, external processing costs, and other key business drivers identified.
• Manage relationships with third party processors for all finished goods and raw material processing requirements. Utilize a total cost approach -- including price, freight, recovery, quality of product, and service – in making sourcing decisions.
• Provide leadership, advice, coaching, and support to all members of your team. Continuously seek opportunities to provide formal training and education in critical subject areas such as Six-Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, Supply Chain Management and APICS CPIM certifications.
• Participate and support in M&A activities as required and lead the integration efforts associated with all acquired businesses and/or assets.
• 4-year BS/BA Degree Proven Leadership Experience, 10+ Years of experience in Manufacturing Planning & Control, Experience Working Directly with Operations, Project Management, Business Process Design, Excellent Communication & People Skills, Excellent Computer Skills (ERP, APS, Microsoft Access, Excel, Word and PowerPoint) is required.
• Ability to understand Customer and internal critical issues and effectively communicate to colleagues and customers. Initiate corrective action through proper use of the leadership model.
• Ability to assist team members by leading where appropriate and serving as a team member when needed.
• Requires analysis of data, events and activities to evaluate systems and the need to initiate changes to address system inefficiencies. Assist in redesigning systems to meet internal or customer needs. Consideration of cost and market opportunities.
• Ability to bring together the appropriate people and information to make timely, effective decisions. Ability to solve problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of the issues involved.
• Ability to employ a systematic approach to problem solving, and the use of the System Leadership Theory in problem resolution is required.
• Ability to achieve results, manage multiple tasks and objectives in parallel, and manage the technical and social issues associated with change.
• Ability to shape the course of action through persuasion and negotiations. Able to present information clearly and persuasively. Willing to challenge current paradigms. Exhibits the behavior to provide constructive feedback to colleagues.
• MBA Degree, APICS CPIM Certification, Six-Sigma Experience, Lean Manufacturing Experience, MRPII Systems Experience is preferred.
Commonwealth Rolled Products is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Our HR teams will reach out to the applicants who met the qualifications and most closely aligned with requirements of the positions.
APPLY NOW Apply
Email this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Join Our Talent Network
Not ready to apply? Connect with us to join our Talent Network and stay connected!
Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS