January 5, 2021
Position Type Hourly Full-Time # of Openings 3 Requisition ID 2021-9465 Category Operations Product Line Aggregates Job Locations US-KY-Smithland Company Aggregate Industries Management, Inc.
The Plant/Production Operator safely operates all equipment at the location used to produce product, load and unload rail, boats, barges and / or trucks, ensuring order accuracy and expeditious processing of requests. Operators are also responsible for operating the grinding facility.
• Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
• Practice and promote safety in such a way as including but not limited to; assessing risks before starting tasks, only performing authorized activities, utilizing appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
• Maintain grounds, offices, terminal, etc.
• Carry out tasks related to loading/unloading material for waterway and road methods of transportation, as appropriate for the specific location.
• Understand and operate truck loading equipment.
• Understand and operate cement grinding equipment.
• Operate and conduct general maintenance on mobile equipment and assist with general mechanical maintenance.
• Sample product from mill, trucks, boats, and barges following company policies.
• Maintain accurate maintenance records on all terminal equipment.
• Perform clerical functions following the established guidelines for the recording of production, receipts, shipments, and inventory records.
• Other duties as assigned.
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHER JOBS
• Operators need the ability to communicate with managers, customers, sales personnel, trucking firms, and suppliers.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Required Work Experience: 1-3 years’ experience. Experience in an industrial environment preferred.
Required Training/Certifications: Mobile equipment certifications/proficiencies for forklift, loader, skid steer, and man-lift. Basic mechanical skills including welding and cutting.
Licenses Required : Valid driver’s license
Required Computer and Software Skills : Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office and SAP.
Additional Requirements :
• Experience with customer service and equipment operation and maintenance.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee will frequently be required to walk on rocky, irregular surfaces that may be muddy and in reduced lighting conditions. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently shovel for 3 minutes with an 8 lb. shovel, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles, confined space, outside weather conditions, low lighting, artificial lighting, and explosives. The employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, proximity to electrical equipment, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and occasionally
Apply for this job online Apply
Email this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Click to view Company Benefits Overview