January 6, 2021
Rogers Group, Inc. is one of the largest privately held mining and construction firms in the U.S. We are headquartered in Nashville, TN with operations across ten states employing approximately 2,000 employees. With 110 years of success in mining, asphalt productions and highway construction, we are an organization committed to safety and operational success.
An Equal Opportunity Employer seeking candidates without regard to age, race, national origin, gender, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
All applications are accepted online at www.rogersgroupinc.com
Submission for the position: Aggregate Foreman - (Job Number: 21000047)
We are seeking an individual for an AGGREGATE FOREMAN position within our Western Kentucky quarry operations . This position will report to the Plant Manager/Superintendent. The successful candidate for this role will have an uncompromising focus on safety excellence.
Candidate must possess a strong safety culture and be able to meet these minimum responsibilities and requirements.
• Supervising up to 21 employees at three operations totaling ~1 Million TPY aggregates.
• Overseeing proper implementation of safety procedures.
• Assisting with planning and scheduling work to meet production needs.
• Tracking, planning and implementing fixed plant and mobile equipment preventative maintenance services.
• Documenting and tracking downtime in the fixed plant and mobile equipment as well as bringing innovative new ideas that will increase throughput and plant availability.
• Assuring adherence to operating standards as they affect equipment, production schedules, quality, labor and material.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required and 3-5 years of related aggregate and mining experience or an equivalent combination of education and training. Bachelor's degree in mining or related discipline is preferred.
• Knowledge of drilling, blasting, maintenance, and stripping preferred.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiple and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals to compute rate, ration, percent, land to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Ability to create and be efficient with Excel spreadsheets.
• Ability to operate equipment safely and efficiently, and train others.
• Ability to keep time and material records.
• Ability to follow verbal and written instruction and communicate effectively.
• Excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills and attributes.
• Demonstrated ability in identifying, communicating and implementing best operating practices, including quality, maintenance, production and safety excellence.
• Proven safety record and excellent compliance in MSHA safety standards.