January 4, 2021
At Farm Credit Mid-America, we believe people are our strongest asset. We are consistently looking to hire individuals from a wide range of experience and capabilities who have a desire to serve. Currently, we have over 1,400 employees across Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky and Tennessee.
The Account Specialist provides exceptional internal and external customer service by delivering and supporting the delivery of financial services. Responsibilities include loan origination for assigned types of loans, evaluating the portfolio to identify cross-selling opportunities, following up with customers regarding these opportunities, and planning and coordinating marketing efforts.
The Account Specialist works closely with Financial Officers by meeting with customers applying for credit, taking applications and processing loans when the amount requested is $250,000 and below for new and existing customers (includes gathering financial information, keying in AgriLytic (our loan origination system), structuring loans, handling objections, delivering talking points/closing conditions, and keying in Agrinomics (our financial analysis software) or submitting to Credit). The Account Specialists also processes loans above $250,000 when requested by the Financial Officer or when the Financial Officer is unavailable and a customer requests assistance. This position provides backup support for other Account Specialists and the Customer Support Specialist.
The Account Specialist is responsible for operating loans in the renewal cycle and works closely with the Financial Officer for portfolio support. The Account Specialist gathers requested information; works with internal partners and coordinates with the Financial Officer as needed to renew operating loans in a timely manner.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES :
• Creates a positive customer experience by delivering timely, thorough, thoughtful and responsive service in a way that exceeds customer expectations while meeting internal deadlines
• Uses Relationship (our Customer Relationship Management software) for follow up, comments and per business standards
• Works with Financial Officers and customers to understand customer goals, credit strengths and weaknesses and deliver value-added/constructive agricultural and financial information that will assist them in their farming operation
• Establishes, develops and maintains strong internal and external customer relationships by coaching others and consistently providing quality service
• Back up the Customer Support Specialist to receive and provide service to walk-in customers and incoming customer calls as directed by the Director Retail Operations
• Proactively evaluates the portfolio to cross-sell core products and other services to our customers.
• Assesses customer financial information during the application process and offers other relevant services.
• Compiles information to help Financial Officers prepare for sales calls, plan and implement marketing strategies and assist with monitoring the competition.
• Proactively mines the portfolio and other data sources to identify prospecting opportunities (ex: prepare customer reports prior to officer meeting with customer)
• Compile information as needed to help Financial Officers prepare for sales calls
• Occasional involvement in joint sales calls to enhance customer relationships, particularly on high-profile and/or high-touch customers
• Assist with monitoring the competition within the marketplace portfolio and other data sources to identify prospecting opportunities
DELIVERS AND SERVICES CREDIT: Provides support to the lending process, including the following:
• Renews operating loans regardless of size and works closely with the Financial Officer
• Establishes a mutual value with customers, receives and processes applications in AgriLytic for new and existing customers with a loan size of $250,000 and below (includes gathering information needed to define collateral). Delivers talking points and closing conditions for these loans
• Meet with customers requesting loans greater than $250,000 when the Financial Officer is unavailable and schedule appointments and follow up with the Financial Officer
• Gathers and triages customer financial and information and assists the Financial Officers to submit and process loans through decision
• Collaborates with or communicate to Financial Officer in:
• delivering loan denials on loans $250,000 and below
• creating action plans on substandard loans $250,000 and below handled by the Account Specialist
• fee waivers and pricing changes
• new requests are processed with new and existing customers for portfolio awareness and follow up
• Assist the Financial Officer with:
• Portfolio management
• Collateral verification (includes gathering information needed for real estate appraisal or supporting Financial Officer in this step)
• Gathering legal entity documents. Entity Verification, if needed, is to be completed by the Closing Specialist
• Follow up on additional documentation needed from customer for decision
• Processing loans passed from Financial Officer (excludes new Growing Forward)
• Compile information as needed to help Financial Officers prepare for sales calls (ex: prepare customer reports prior to officer meeting with customer)
• Occasional involvement in joint sales calls to enhance customer relationships, particularly on high-profile and/or high-touch customers.
• Sells and processes interest rate conversions
• Organizes annual financial update process and coordinates with the Financial Officers, Customer Service Specialists, and credit partners
• Complete post-closing conditions as assigned by the Closing Specialist, such as Assignment of indemnity for Crop Insurance
• Complete searches to verify lien position on chattel collateral
• Gather AgDirect application and hand-off to AgDirect Servicing Team
• Process and support Farm Credit Lease requests
• Coordinate and assist in monitoring ongoing loan conditions such as servicing plans, borrowing base, annual financial updates, etc.
• Responsible for ag construction loan monitoring and disbursements
• Responsible for coordinating approval on FSA loans and FSA servicing
• Follow Special Account Unit (SAU) account transfer procedures including completion of the Transfer form with Financial Officer assistance if needed
• Coordinate sending Do Not Destroy files to SAU with CSS support
• Directs the completion of all loan servicing actions for customers:
• Information gathering and understanding processing needs.
• Coordinate servicing action with appropriate credit department when credit risk analysis is needed or exceeds delegated authority
• At the discretion of the Account Specialist, the Closing Specialist completes servicing documents/closings when real estate, legal descriptions, title, etc. is needed, after approval is obtained, for the following servicing actions:
• Additional Advance
• Collateral Addition
• Collateral Substitution
• Collateral Easement
• Collateral Subordination by FCMA or 3rd Party
• Collateral Correction
TEAM COORDINATION/RELATIONSHIP SUPPORT: Coordinates relationship support activities, such as planning, attending and executing sales events and obtaining sales and marketing materials for Financial Officers, Crop Insurance team members, Director Retail Operations and Regional Vice President.
• Coordinate direct mail campaigns with support from Customer Support Specialist
• Assist with monitoring the competition within the marketplace
• Other duties may be assigned.
REPRESENTS AND COMMUNICATES THE MISSION AND VALUES OF FARM CREDIT
MID-AMERICA and complies with its conduct policy, security policy and confidentiality expectations.
Education and Experience
Extensive knowledge of agricultural industry (personal, professional or educational) is desired.
High School diploma and at least six years of successful experience in two or more of the following areas: financially related customer service, loan processing, loan servicing. Farm Credit Mid-America experience desired and performance exceeded expectations -OR- Bachelors degree in agriculture, business or related field.
Here's What We Can Offer You...
Farm Credit Mid-America has an outstanding Total Rewards package, which includes, but is not limited to:
• Salary commensurate with experience
• 15 vacation days, 15 sick days, and 11 paid holidays per year
• 401(k) plan
• Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life/AD&D benefits, etc.
• Fitness Incentive Program
Farm Credit Mid-America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other category protected by law.